7. Oh Solo Me-Oh

New relationships are put to the test when TNS has a solo competition for a Regionals advantage.

To start the episode, Jacquie, Richelle, and Summer are in Studio A rehearsing a trio with Michelle and Emily. Michele says that whoever wins out of this trio will represent The Next Step at the Absolute Dance Wildstyle Convention. Emily continues that the Dance Convention is worth a five-point advantage at Regionals, so they decided to have the best shot with either Jacquie, Richelle or Summer.

Kingston and Ozzy step in talking about their favorite video game, Legions of Lazers, and see a rehearsal for a dance that they weren't informed! They ask Emily who tells them that they are rehearsing a dance for the audition for the solo competition. Ozzy asks why himself and Kingston can't audition and Emily replies that these two only give 95% serious and the girls give 110%. Kingston then claims he is giving 111% and it's not even mathematically possible and is tired of being overlooked by the co-studio heads.

Later in Studio A, Henry, Finn, Ozzy, and Kingston are stretching and waiting for a special dancer to come in: it's LaTroy!!! LaTroy is back! Kingston then tells us that he was tired of being overlooked and called LaTroy to help the guys out. 

In Studio 1, Richelle, Jacquie, and Summer are working on the dance, trying to correct every single mistake, which takes ages! Richelle thinks that if she wants to win the solo, then, each move she does has to be the best, she keeps comparing every single move she does with Summer's or Jacquie's, making them stop after every single dance move, to repeat it and clean it. Jacquie does the same, to be the best of the three. These two girls are ready to stay all day to be better than Summer. Summer is exhausted by the girls and thinks that they are trying to sabotage her: so she decides to play that game too, showing the girls a difficult combination of moves, to spice the choreo a little bit! And the rehearsal! The three girls are consequently playing a game where they boost each other: they are gonna keep it up!

In Studio A, the boys are rehearsing with LaTroy a dance to impress Emily and Michelle. While LaTroy explains the choreo, Ozzy compares it to a level of his game, which gives him a bad image... he doesn't understand how much it's important to Kingston!

In the locker room, Amy is packing her stuff, is frustrated about how she wasn't even considered for the solo competition... she thought that this was gonna be her year. Thalia steps in, looking for Summer because she needs a female dancer, and invites Amy to rehearse with her troupe. 

Back in Studio A, the boys are working in small groups to clean the choreo made by LaTroy. Kingston is unpleased that he got paired with Ozzy because he's not serious enough about dance. Indeed, Ozzy keeps talking about Legions of Lazers. Kingston gets angry and just wants to focused on the dance... LaTroy notices their distraction and Ozzy justifies that they were talking about Legions of Lazers. LaTroy is disappointed by them and says that now he understands why Emily and Michelle overlook them. Kingston leaves, angry at Ozzy, saying that Ozzy is in his way to be a better dancer. 

"You might be okay with dancing in the back row, but I'm not!" says Kingston to Ozzy

Ozzy understands that Kingston wants to become a better dancer, but he doesn't want to be left behind...