Fall In Love With The Enemy (Edited)

There are lots of ways for a shadow hunter to travel, one being the mundane ways such as carriage, horses or the more Nephiln way which is using the speed rune.

For now, the team of the four nephilns decided it will be the best to use the speed rune. If it came to the worse case scenario, they shouldn't leave anything behind that may or may not identify them.

After all, going at one of the most famous downworlder parties hosted on top of that by a pretty high personality as Magnus Bane... The risk was high.

But there were advantages.

Seeing how big was the place gave them lots of possibilities and options to hide and escape.

The walls were thick and made by hard rock that only a monster could break. Yet the thin windows could easily break, making them an easy way to use them as distraction.

The doors were wooden but you couldn't say they were thin, if they meant to close and blocked then it would take some time for the other to slam them open. The time will be short but priceless.

The height of the building was also quite high but nothing that can put a stop from being chaced...

But what was coming quite handy was the loud music that could be heard from the outside, making it easy to not be heard and the overcrowded rooms did just that. The quick lighting also could foul someone's sight, giving them another pro to the list.

"This is going to be so easy."
Jace said with his confidence showing.

"Don't be cocky."
Alec said with a sigh, it was true that he too felt quite confident of this place but there were also thing that should really be warry of. One being the guests, a single mistake could lead them to their own end and that was enough to put him in place.

But his brother seems to have dismissed the thought and just underestimate the situation, which in Alec's opinion was the first step to failure.

"I am not cocky. You just like to overthink everything." At that, Alec decide to drop it. It was true that he always thought way too much but that didn't mean it didn't came to be helpful. For this once though he had to just, for a tiny bit, agree. Thinking always negatively won't get you anywhere and he knows that, but it's better to have low expectations and million bad scenarios in mind before the worse or even at all, the actual act take place.

He just wants to be prepared and there is nothing wrong with that, even when his stress reach dangerous levels.

As a leader Alec decided to give the first order, announcing that way that the mission has begun. "Izzy, Clary you check the first two floors as me and Jace check the last two floors. We will meet each other in three hours, got it?"

The responses were either a simple nod or an agreement. With a sigh Alec and his team left their hiding spot and headed to the entrance.

Opening the door they witnessed what every other would in such big party. A sea of sweaty body moving to the rhythm, dancing, making out, drinking, all kind of things.

But, what you wouldn't witness if normal was the horns, fangs, pointy ears and any other characteristic a downworlder has.

Vampires, Seelies, Werewolves, Warlocks, all those kinds were having fun as if there was no tomorrow.

"Don't get in trouble."
Alec warned as his eyes searched the crowd, either trying to find anything suspicious or their target.

"We are not small teens Alec, we got this." Izzy ensured with a smirk, having placed her hand to her hip she looked confident and proud, easing the worried feeling her brother had.

"Do I need to remind you that you blow up the microwave just yesterday when you tried to warm the butter?" Jace asked with a playful eye roll, loving to tease his sister.

"Kitchen and missions are two separate thing Jace... Or do I need to remind you that you also yesterday broke your stele when you come across a duck? You literally threw the stele on the poor animal."

"It deserved it! Didn't you see the flames of evil in its eyes?!"

"Enough you two. If you keep on going with this argument of nonsense I will send you back!" Alec said, making both his siblings to zip it and head to their own different paths.

"See you soon."
Clary quickly dismissed herself as she headed her own way, leaving Alec alone before he himself headed upstairs.

The night had just started and it would end a lot more troublesome than they had expected... But that's the fun on that.

Trouble and chaos are always unexpected.