Metal Man

Later that night, at 9:05 PM, Hogarth and (Name) were laid in their makeshift fort, squished together with their shoulders touching as they watched a black and white horror film on the TV, surrounded by snacks.

''Why, the porpoise can communicate telepathically, Miss Melon.'' The man on TV said. Hogarth fills the twinkie with whipped cream and eats it.

''If we can transplant at least 15% of their brain matter into ours, we may be able to read minds.'' Glass shatters onto the floor, the brain falling along with it. ''Darn. A perfectly good brain wasted.''

Hogarth passed (Name) the whipped cream. She took it with a smile before squirting it into her mouth. Hogarth chuckled at her.

The man spoke to Miss Melon as they left the lab. ''I think you've seen enough. How about a nightcap? Let's say ~ my place.''

Hogarth and (Name) rolled their eyes.

''Oh, sheesh,''

''Get a room,''

Miss Melon giggled. ''I was thinking the same thing ~ Mind reader.''

The man on TV realised something. ''Darn, I seem to have left my keys in the lab.''

Hogarth stuffs his face with popcorn, ''You're gonna get it.'' There was a flash of lightning. (Name) yelped, pushing herself against Hogarth. In surprise, Hogarth lifted his right hand up, watching as (Name) curled up at his side, eyes glued on the TV. He smiled slightly, lowering his arm over her shoulders, trying to comfort her. He turned his attention back to the TV, too.

''Who's there?'' The man asked, hearing a shattering noise.  At the same time, Hogarth and (Name) heard something too.

The two began to head upstairs, Hogarth with his toy gun in his right hand, and (Name) holding his left with her right hand, her left wrapped around his upper-shoulder, terrified.

The man on TV  is frightened. ''No! No! No!''

There's a snap, (Name) jumps slightly. Hogarth sends her a smile before dragging her downstairs, he released her hand and dropped his gun on the floor as he rushed over to the TV. (Name) hugged herself nervously, looking all around the room, that would be the last time she ever let Hogarth pick the film.

Hogarth hits the TV as he can't get it to stop frizzing. They saw the Brain Monster attack the man, but everything after that was static. ''Aww, come on!'' He smacks the TV again, before glaring at the roof. ''Stupid antenna.''

Hogarth goes back upstairs, (Name) trailing behind, and leans out of a window as he points his flashlight upwards. He sighs, climbing out of the window and onto a tree, he waits for (Name), who's staring at the branch, terrified. Hogarth smiled, normally she would be racing him to the top of a tree, that movie must've scared her.

Lightning flashed again, (Name) visibly jumped. Hogarth extended his hand out as far as he could. ''Come on, it'll be alright.'' (Name) nodded, staring at her feet before she gulped down her fears and took his hand, joining him on the branch as they climbed onto the roof.

The antenna is torn and behind the house, the wooden fence was broken.

''Invaders from Mars,'' (Name) whispered. Hogarth turns to her with wide eyes.

''Let's go!'' He yells before eagerly pulling (Name) with him. (Name) prepares alongside Hogarth, even if she was scared beyond her wits end, she sure as hell wasn't letting Hogarth go on his own. Hogarth takes out his BB gun from under his bed along with two helmets, some tape and his boots. He passes (Name) the gun he was using earlier and tapes the flashlight on top of his own toy 'BB' gun. He put his own helmet on before placing the other on (Name)'s head. She smiled and fastened it, Hogarth went to do the same but kept clipping his skin instead.