Morning Surprise

Hey, so this is a quickie, but I need to get this bit out of the way. Hope you don't mind!

(Name) shoots up from her position on the floor, her eyes darting all around the room. She turned her head to see that Hogarth was awake and pressing his ear to the door, trying to hear something.

If she was to strain her ears, she could hear Ken't voice too, it sounded like he was on the phone but her senses were still fuzzy from something.

She furrowed her eyebrows, her hand going to her left temple as she tried to remember what she had dreamt about. Something about Giant. . .?

Her eyes snapped open. Kent! Oh, he'd be sorry!

She scrambled to her feet, slipping on the sleeping bag. Her feet stomped on the ground in order to stop her from falling. The loud bang alerted Hogarth as he looked away from the small creak in the door and towards his friend with wide eyes.

When the two are distracted - (Name) on the floor in a crawling position, (except her legs were straight and her butt was up), and Hogarth was too shocked to react - the door slowly creaked open to reveal Kent Mansly stood directly behind the door, hunched over slightly with a smirk on his face. It was growing with every second.

''The Army arrives in the morning, children. Don't get cute.''

The two angrily glare at him from their positions, watching as Kent slowly backed away from the doorframe, closing the door behind him.

Hogarth's head snapped towards his friend as he whispered, ''We gotta warn Dean.'' (Name) nodded as she tried to stand, but slipped in the sleeping bag once again, toppling backwards if it hadn't been for Hogarth who had predicted her clumsy nature and had moved forward to hook his arms under hers and help her stand. ''You okay?''

''Yeah. . . But I'm beginning to think Mansly booby-trapped my sleeping bag,'' (Name) said, cheekily smiling up at him as her cheeks flared slightly.

Hogarth rolled her eyes as she stopped leaning on him and stood by herself. He rose an amused eyebrow at her, ''That's the excuse you're going with? Really?''

''Shut up,'' (Name) muttered, her cheeks darkening much to Hogarth's pleasure as she crossed her arms in a huff. She quickly thought of a change on subject. ''Anyway! We need to hurry!'' She grabbed Hogarth's hand and began to tug him towards the window. Hogarth tried to open it, but it was locked and screwed in place.

Slowly, the door re-opens and Kent is revealed once again. He smirked, backing up into the spare room he was renting, he perched himself on the edge of the bed. He held each of his hands, his gaze never wavering. ''I'll be watching you, Hogarth, (Name).''

Hogarth picked up their cycling helmets, passing one to (Name) without a word as they placed them on in union. hey folded their arms before putting on goggles. Kent smiled evilly as he never took his gaze away from them, thinking they were giving up.

The both of them took seats on the floor, their backs leaning against the bed as they threw multiple covers over them both, glaring at Kent stubbornly.

One minute.

Two minutes.

Ten minutes.

(Name) rested her head on Hogarth's shoulder, his head resting on hers as they cuddled for extra 'warmth'.

One hour.

Two hours.

Three hours.

Kent's eyes were beginning to get droopy.

Four hours.

Hogarth's head lolled backwards as he slumped to the side, laying on his side now as he pulled an already asleep (Name) with him to lay in front of him as the two slept.

Kent smirked, but he continued to stay awake; to stay 'alert'.

Five hours.

Six hours.

Kent was out too. . .

. . .

Kent awoke with a start, quickly looking back at his watch. Good, he had only slept for two hours, and the kids were asleep before him. They couldn't have done much.

He looked up in order to reassure himself, smirking when he saw two lumps on the floor, covered in blankets and two helmets popping out one end. They hadn't moved - he had won-

''Morning, Kent!'' Hogarth cheered, halfheartedly waving as he walked down the hall and past the two bedrooms.

Kent gasped, running forward as he pulled the covers over, revealing four pillows in two rows, the helmets rolling to the side.

Annie then enters the room. ''For some reason, the Army is in our front yard, Mr. Mansley.''

Kent turned around, an awkward, forced smile on his features. ''Please,'' He said, straightening out his tie as he cleared his throat, ''Call me Kent.''