He's Friendly

Then there was a loud crash from outside.

Dean shoots out of his chair, ''Did you hear that?'' He begins to walk to the door, his weapon of choice - a crowbar - in hand.

''No, wait, stop!'' (Name) said, grabbing onto Deans arm and trying to tug him back. But Dean shrugged her off.

''Hey! Wait a minute!'' Hogarth said, helping (Name) try to stop him too, but Dean merely raised his hand out of Hogarth's grip before stalking out of the door.

He looks around, crowbar raised high. He catches sight of Giant on the other side of his warehouse.

''It's okay,'' Hogarth said, the two pre-teens coming to a stop besides Dean, but Dean didn't hear him.

''Oh my God,'' Dean breathed, dropping his crowbar.

''He's friendly,'' (Name) said, waving softly at Giant. But before he could wave back, Dean began panicking. He grabbed both of them by the arms.

''Run, kids! Run!'' He yelled, dragging them off. That catches Giant's attention and he jumps up angrily. He lands in front of them, Dean, still screaming, changes direction.

''It's okay!'' Dean yelled to the children, trying to 'calm them down'. ''He isn't-''

He was cut off by Giant slamming his hand a few meters in front of him, stopping them from running any further. Dean still tried to run the other way anyway, but he tripped and fell.

The two friends crouched down on either side of Dean, ''It's okay, he isn't gonna hurt us.'' Dean looked at the two, his hands slowly coming off of his hand.

But Giant had grabbed hold of Dean by the back of his nightgown. ''Whoa! Hey! Hey!'' Dean yelled as Giant held him in front of his face. Dean curled up into a ball, hiding his face, not wanting to see his death.

''No, don't! Do not!'' Hogarth yelled.

''Be careful. Don't squash,'' (Name) said calmly.

Giant narrowed his eyes at Dean before turning to his two friends, tilting his head in confusion.

''His name is Dean. We like Dean,'' Hogarth said, still holding his hands up, trying to explain the situation.

Giant turned his attention back to Dean. ''Dean.''  The adult cowered in fear.

A little while later, Dean watches Giant eat some junk metal and shakes his head, trying to take a drink of coffee, his hand shaking frantically. ''So... Where'd, uh... Where'd he come from?''

''He doesn't remember. He's like a - little kid,'' (Name) told him, smiling up at Giant s she sat on the hood of a broken cr next to Hogarth.

''Yeah... Little,'' Dean muttered, chuckling before stopping. ''Wait a minute, you can talk to him?''

''Kinda,'' Hogarth said, ''He can't say a lot of words, but he understand things pretty good.''

(Name) was carefully watching Giant eat some more junk metal excitedly. She sighed before turning to Dean. ''He needs food and shelter.''

Dean has a blank expression on his face. Silently, he gets up from his chair, pours his coffee on the floor and walks back into his home, slamming the door.

Half an hour later, the two are still pleading Dean to let Giant stay in the junkyard and the sun was beginning to rise.

''You got plenty of room here! This place it perfect!'' Hogarth tried.

''Go away,'' Dean's tired voice said, barely audible to the two teens.

(Name) sighed, time for a different method. ''I can have him push the door down! You know I can!'' She threatened. If there's anything being an army brat has taught her, it's self-defence and how to make a damn good threat.

Dean finally opened the door, ''Kids! I-I-I can't hide it here!''

''Him. Not it,'' (Name) corrected, not even thinking about it.

''Whatever,'' Dean breathed, ''You don't even know where he came from, or-or-or what the hell he is!'' He pointed at Giant.

''He's our friend,'' Hogarth told him.

''Yeah, yeah. What am I? Am I your friend?'' Dean began to walk back into his house, ''Bring some Franken-Bot with out-of-state plates over here and make me change my tune. I don't like that jazz.'' He collapsed onto a couch, ''God, I'm tired.''

''So, he can stay?'' (Name) tried one last time.

Dean's hand raised, the two being able to see it over the back of the couch. ''Tonight.'' His hand began to wave around. ''Tomorrow... I-I don't know about tomorrow.'' And with that, his hand drops and he quickly falls asleep.

As daylight approaches, the two walk over to Giant, prepared to say there goodbye's, only to find that they were already asleep.

(Name) smiled, patting the side of his head, ''Sleep tight, We'll see you tomorrow.''