Code Red

Pfft, I'm not late, what are you talking about?

*awkward chuckle*

No, you're late! Not me!

''(Name)!'' Dean yelled, beginning to run after the two, ''Hogarth! Get back here!''

Just as he was about to break into a sprint, his foot hit something. Pausing, he looked down to see what it was. A little toy gun.

''It... was defensive. He reacted to the gun,'' Dean said slowly, coming to the awful realisation on what he had just done.

Hogarth had just managed to catch up with (Name) before they were cut off by a motorcycle. The two glared at Dean, waiting for him to move out of their way.

''You're not gonna get there fast enough on foot,'' He said, smirking as their faces lit up and they happily boarded the back of the bike.

Giant turns one last time, dropping the letter 'S' from his chest as he entered the woods.

Army jeeps were on their way out of town, one boy on a roof spotted them with his binoculars. ''See, I told you it was a big hoax. Dad said-''

The second boy, his brother, interrupted him with a gasp, ''Give me the binoculars!''

''What? What!'' The first boy quickly handed them over.

The boy looked through the binoculars, ''Hey there it is, I see it!'' He exclaimed upon spotting a particularly sad robot trek through the woods. ''It's big, it-it's walking away.''

''Give me those!'' The other boy snapped, snatching his binoculars back as he looked through them. His brother happily points it out.

''Over there, see it?''

''The monster! Holy cow!''

Unfortunately, the two had been leaning forwards just a bit too much, and the balcony snapped, sending them towards their death, but, whilst the wooden plank falls to the floor, they're stopped, hanging onto each other. One move and they'd fall.

So, naturally, the start screaming bloody murder. ''Help!''

''Somebody! Help me!''

Giant's head perked up upon hearing their cries.

''I don't wanna fall!''

''I;m slipping! Can't hold on much longer!''

Giant lands on the ground, skidding slightly as he extended his hand out. The two boys slipped but they safely landed on Giant's palm. The crowd watched in amazement and shock as the robot gently put his hand on the floor, letting the two boys step off.

''Dad!''

''Daddy!''

The two hugged their father, who looked up at Giant with a thankful smile.

''He saved those boys,'' A man said in shock.

''It's friendly?'' A woman asked.

Outside town, Dean, Hogarth and (Name) were still riding the motorbike, still searching for Giant.

As the army jeeps drive, Kent spots Den and the kids ride past him, going in the opposite direction. He scowls as his eyes landed on the side-view mirror, angrily watching them leave. He reached out of the car, readjusting the positioning of it to watch for longer. The mirror reveals Giant.

He shrugs his shoulders, going back to sulking before his eyes snap open and he spins in his seat, his seat-belt sticking from the sudden movement.

''What!'' He moved to look ahead again, but it was too late as he had already bumped into the car in front of him. He stopped, pulling on the brakes when another bump happened, the jeep behind him finishing the car off.

Kent stumbles out of the car, gesturing frantically towards the town. ''Stop! Look! Look behind you! The Giant! It's attacking! It-It's stomping the town! I was right!''

General Rogard rolls his eyes but turns to look anyway, his eyes widening once he had done so, ''Sweet mother of God.''

Back in town, Giant was smiling down at the crowd. The three quickly dismount their vehicle, the two kids running towards him in relief, stopping just before his feet.

''I am not a gun,'' Giant said, shaking his head as he pointed at himself. He then lowered his hand and the two exchanged happy looks before helping each other mount his palm. Giant picked them up, holding them by his face.

Just then, Annie's car screeches to a holt as she stumbles out of her car, looking up at her kids in shock.

Hogarth chuckled, ''Huh, hi mum?'' He looked at his friend for help but immediately face-palmed upon seeing her poker-face expression and her index finger being pointed at him as she stared at his mum. ''Not cool,'' he mumbled, causing (Name) to drop her finger and shrug innocently at him, smirking slightly as she did so.

However, the moment was not to last as bullets suddenly ran out, hitting Giant in the front. Reacting in shock, the crowds begin screaming as they ran for cover. Giant groans, stumbling backwards as he grabs a building for support, accidentally damaging it. The army continued shooting.

''Let's go!'' (Name) yelled, looking up at her giant friend as she gestured to move. ''Run!''

Giant covered the two with his other hand as he began running. General Rogard continued shooting as Kent covered his ears from beside him.

Dean drives and stops in front of the tank, holding his hands up. ''Hey! Stop! There are kids in his hands! Stop! Shooting!''  Kent walked up to Dean, who continued speaking, ''You can't shoot. He only reacts defensively. If you don't shoot, he's harmless. You gotta tell the General!''

Kent's expression twists angrily, ''This is all your fault. If you-''

''Would you just shut up and listen! You gotta make them stop, the Giant's got the kids with him.''

Kent thinks for a moment. ''I'll take care of him.'' Dean nods, riding away. Kent moves to the General, ''He says the monster's killed two kids. Sir, we must stop it at all costs.''

General's eyes widen as he snatches his walkie-talkie up, ''Got to code red. Repeat: code red!''

Two soldiers jogged up to him, one male on female, the female was the first to speak. ''Sir, what's the status update?''

''Code red, Captain (Last Name), code red.''

Her eyes widened as she turned to her husband. He placed a hand on her shoulders, lowering his voice to a comforting whisper as they returned to their positions, ''She'll be fine, Annie lives in the woods, remember? On the outskirts of the town.''

''Mr. President.'' At the president's office, two guards enter. ''Mr. President, we have a situation, sir.''

The Air Force jets take off.