My 'Sad' Ending

Hey guys, this is the sad ending and the last chapter! (Beacuasetheresstillnosequel. huh, what?) Hope you all enjoy!

''Giant?'' (Name) asked, being the only one of the two friends to notice him looking up at the sky wistfully. She glanced over her shoulder to see Hogarth talking to Annie and Dean.

Giant looked at her for a second before crouching in front of her. He extended his finger towards her, placing it on her chest. (Name) placed her hand on his finger, wordlessly looking over to Hogarth, knowing he was going to miss saying goodbye to Giant, but (Name) found she wasn't able to call him over, so she looked back to her friend, her eyes glossed over as she sniffed.

''You stay,'' he said, gently pushing his finger forward. With his other hand he gestured to himself by placing it on his chest, ;;I go. No following.''

He slowly moved his finger away, but (Name)'s small hands grabbed onto it, still sniffing as she shook her head frantically. Giant stopped moving, staring at her confused.

''I have to go too,'' She said, quickly glancing over at Hogarth, knowing full well he would kill her.

''You go?'' Giant asked, tilting his head to the side. (Name) smiled sadly, knowing it was a habit he had gotten from her.

''Yeah, Giant, that's right. You're from up there, you'll be able to come back down with me, we'll be okay,'' (Name) falsely reassured him. She didn't actually know what would happen, but she would not let Giant go alone.

''Oh,'' Giant said, looking at the sky, the flaming red dot was about to curve around. ''Okay.'' He nodded, laying his hand out flat and she jumped on it, happily.

She looked over at Hogarth and he spotted her. He smiled sadly and waved. It looked like he was gesturing her over, but she made herself think of it as a wave goodbye, it made her feel less guilty then.

''I'll miss you!'' (Name) yelled.

Hogarth instantly thought she was talking about how the missile was going to hit them all. ''I'll miss you too!'' He yelled, slightly regretting that he had cut himself off as he then realized what was going on - Giant's feet had turned into rockets.

''(Name! Giant! No!'' He yelled, he began to run forward but Giant's thrusters had already began to lift them up and by the time a desperate Hogarth had reached the spot they had once been stood in, they were above the building's.

''Giant?'' (Name) shouted, looking up from her spot on his hand. He tilted his head down, but didn't stop, they had too much momentum.

''Can you open somewhere for me to go? I can't breath up here!''

Giant looked confused, but almost automatically, the pieces of his chest split, sliding to the side and allowing her to sit in the compartment inside. She crawled - with great difficulty - from his hand to the compartment before it shut behind her.

Tears began to fall down her cheeks, realising what she had just done. ''Giant, can you hear me?''

''Yes,'' a croaky voice replied.

''Are we gonna be okay?''

''Yes.''

''How do you know?''

''You are who you chose to be.''

''And, who do you choose to be?''

''Superman.''

And then they hit the missile.

A huge explosion sounded which only caused Hogarth to cry out louder from his spot on the floor. His knees began to shake before they gave out from underneath him. Annie rushed forward.