eighteen

David

I looked at my father in anger for even dragging me in his mess. I don't know how this hatred between them started, I knew Jordyn's dad was fake and foul, well that's what my pops said but I don't like being drawn into it because now I have actually fallen for Jordyn.

When I went back downstairs it was awkward as hell. I could tell she was very uncomfortable. She looked at me with eyes that portrayed sadness. "can you take me home please?"

"you haven't had dessert yet." I told her.

"please." She pleaded.

"okay, let's say goodbye to everyone." I said. She nodded and got up, before we could go, my mom came in with the dessert. "there's no need, we're going home."

"you haven't eaten my famous dessert special." She looked at Jordyn.

"sorry ma'am, I have a bad headache." Jordyn lied. My mama didn't believe that but she nodded

"it's okay sweetie. Next time. You're always welcome here." Ma smiled.

"she's not." Dad said getting in the dining room again.

I heared at him. "Pops!" I took her hand and we walked out. It was cold outside so I took off my jacket and put it around her.

"they hate me." She sighed

I couldn't exactly tell her about her dad. She'll see for herself. "I told you, I'm dating for me not them. My dad is a hard guy to please. Don't worry about him. He'll come around."

She frowned getting in the car when I opened the door for her. I got in too. "what if he manages to make you hate me and-"

"you like stressing around something that will never happen." I cut her off.

"David, I'm serious. Online surveys say that when your boyfriend's parents hate you the relationship ends early." She said while I started driving.

"that online survey didn't have you and me in it. And stop reading that bullshit" I told her. She laughed at my response. "there's that smile I've been looking for."

On the ride back, I kept assuring her everything will be okay but I wasn't so sure myself. I need know more about what exactly happened for them to hate each other this much.

Jordyn

I walked in the house tired from these heels. This is why I'm a sneaker girl. Heels are tiring. I closed the door and was surprised by my dad who was still up. He's usually asleep at this time. He came from the living room. "how was the date?"

I got nervous. "date?" I looked at him. Did he have me followed? Does he know? Is this a test? My dad wouldn't do that. He trusts me.

"yes with Bash and his girlfriend." He said.

I caught on. "oh that!... it went well." I sighed because I forgot about the lie I told. Have you ever lied so much you forget what you said? This was the moment for me.

"he gave you the jacket?" His brows furrowed.

" yes, it was cold." I told him. "Good night dad."

"okay, goodnight sweetheart." He said. I nodded and rushed upstairs then I threw myself on the bed. I wanted to cry so bad.

They hate me, that means Dave will soon dislike me. Who would let their family go over a girl? The next morning I dedicated it to my assignments and studying. I needed something to take off my mind from the fear I had.