thirty-one

Jordyn

I went back home and luckily for me, dad still wasn't back. I knew Dave and we didn't use a condom because I didn't see the empty pocket no where in site in that room. So I had to buy myself after pills even though I had birth control pills but I take them this month since we and him broke up. But now that we're back, I need to go to take them again. But the problem is my doctor is very close with my dad. I think he's the one that told him?

I had a shower, changed my clothes and went to go get the pills. I didn't even want to buy them myself but I had no choice. I couldn't tell Lorna because our relationship would now be a secret.

No one would know besides those who actually want us together. I bought the pills and I hated the stare I got from that girl in the counter. Can she just make me pay and leave? Do we have to go through a struggle just to pay for after pills. I went straight home after that because I didn't want to be in town whole day.

Dave called me and I just started smiling on my own. That crazy, mean boy really owned my heart. "baby"

"mh hm." I replied concentrating on the road.

"What you doing?" He asked.

"I'm driving so I don't want to lose focus." I told him.

"where are you going?" He asked.

"nosey nosey." I teased.

He chuckled. "don't start."

"I just went to the stores for after pills." I said.

"I thought you were on birth control?"

"yeah but I didn't go this month. And I don't want babies anytime soon." I replied.

"damn, here I was trying to make you pregnant." He joked.

"don't joke like that, I'll kill you." I laughed.

He laughed as well "who's  gonna raise the baby with you?"

"I don't mind being a single parent I'm rich." I smirked.

"every kid needs a father figure."

"I'll date someone else." I shrugged.

"I would be haunting the fuck out of you two, if you let another nigga raise my kid." He said making me die in laughter

"but you're dead."

"I don't care. I die you stay single forever." We both started laughing. "don't listen to anyone that tells you I would you to move on. I don't."

"I'm trying to drive" I laughed so hard my stomach was having pains. And I even had tears in my eyes "you're dumb you know that?"

"I bet you're smiling more than a toothpaste commercial model right now." He joked. I screamed laughing. I hate him so much for always having a comeback at everything I say. He's too goofy, but that's always why is love him. He always makes me smile. He's my best friend and my boyfriend. "your birthday is coming up."

"I don't even want to celebrate." I sighed. "cause you're not going to be there. Dad will want me next to him at all times."

"but babe, your 17th birthday is a big deal. I can't let you just not celebrate that. You only get that once." He chuckled.

"I know. I'll think about it." I always wasn't in the mood for parties and fake smiling.

"you're not going to think about it. You're going to plan what you want. And I'll see you the day after. It's really not an issue." He said.