nineteen

Jordyn

I felt like everything around me was going in slow motion. I walked a bit faster so it doesn't look like I was listening even though I'm sure it was pretty obvious.

My father finally caught up with me. He was quiet. I was scared he was waiting for us to return home and whoop my ass.

Should I deny this? I think I should. I know my father. He would never let us date. Ever. The ride back home was extremely awkward. Leo could tell something was up and the look on my father's face showed he didn't want to talk so he didn't ask any questions.

I remained calm, I am going to deny this. All of it. I'm just waiting for him to ask me. On the ride I was busy creating lies on how I would cover this up. I could just say I know nothing?

Or make it more believable and say he's just Bash's friend plus I never saw him that much. But then I'd be adding Bash in my mess.

Finally at home, he asked me. I was in my room. He sat on the bed with me I acted calm. "as much as it angers me asking you this because I'm trying so well not to lose my temper. Are you dating David?"

I mastered my best confused face. "who?"

"do not lie to me, Jordyn." He started. I was so nervous but I knew I had to be the perfect liar for this. I needed to be or I could say goodbye to my boyfriend but I loved David I didn't want us to end. I just couldn't let us end so early.

"I'm not dating, dad. Who is that anyway?"

"he is the guy that was arguing with Leo that day in the mall." He said. At least he's believing me.

"ohhh that one. I remember him now, ew no dad I'm not dating him. I don't even know him. Where did you get that information? Because that's a lie." I chuckled. He looked at me for a long time and i knew i had add on to my lie to make it more believable. "whoever told you that probably wants you to be angry or something. And it's working because you're all angry over a lie. You know me, you raised me. You think it wouldn't be noticeable I'm dating."

He sighed and brushed his face with his hand. Okay, I was calming down because he was believing me. "I'm sorry princess. I don't know why I would believe that bitch ass nigga."

I smiled and nodded. He got out and I sighed in relief. I quickly texted Dave was the hell was going on.

you won't believe the shit that happened today!
- me

What happened love?
- Davie 💙😻

me and my dad went to town just for bonding and we met your dad. They also have this sort of tension, your dad told my dad we're dating. I completely denied it but my dad is very angry. He believes me though. 
- me

what!? I'll definitely have a talk with pops. His actions make him look childish asf. they can't drag us into their mess.
- Davie 💙😻

their mess? I thought it was only you and Leo who hated each other.
- me

Leo just hates me cause yo pops hates me. And yo pops hates me cause Daniel's son.
- Davie 💙😻

wait, you knew they had beef and didn't tell me?
- me

it didn't seem important babe. What they have going on doesn't concern us.
- Davie 💙😻