8.

Maddox Kane.

The Maddox Kane.

The fucking demon lord of all demons.

I blinked slowly, trying to breathe as I put together the pieces. So all of those times that Natanya and I talked about her father, she wasn't actually talking about a random fool who lost his fucking mind, but the actual lord of Hell? All of those times that I saw her eyes changing colors, it wasn't just me flipping my shit? SHE WAS HIS DAUGHTER?

God damn.

I was in some deep shit.

"Are you speechless?" The man spoke with a mere taunt in his dark voice as he stepped down another level, his eyes boring into me as I fought his compel. "You have no need to be. You wanted my attention," He chuckled, the dark and ominous sound filling my ears as if he was standing right next to me, whispering into my ear. "And you got it," The smirk fell promptly, his face stone cold and rigid as he glared at me. He wasn't intentionally glaring, but the fierce look in his eyes made it appear as he was. 

The area was silent as everyone shivered, looking away from me. To them, I had finally got what I was asking for: the demon lord to bring his ass up to No Man's Land. "Wow," He cracked his neck, flicking his tongue across his fangs. "These are some of my people," Maddox ran a hand through his black hair. "Good to see you all. This will be the last time you ever see me," He boomed, his exotic voice shaking the trees. Wow, I was so special. He came all this way just to get me. 

My airways were starting to tighten and I was grappling with the invisible cord around my neck. If this was how I died, I was going to be extremely upset in the afterlife because I had two unopened boxes of Lucky Charms hidden under my bed. 

"Nya."

All he said was one word and one word only, and that was enough for a green beam ball to wrap around me, levitating me into the air. "What!?" I screeched, unable to move. "Put me down!" Adrenaline surged through my fearful body as a woman stepped out behind the man deemed the demon lord, her hand up and directed at me. I struggled to move, but it was no use as my body was just lethargic. "Troy!" I heard a familiar scream and I could tell that it was Jade. 

Stay calm, Troy. You knew one day that this would happen. You knew it in the back of your mind, so there is no need to be scared.

I closed my eyes as the swirl of the wind flew up my nose, threatening to suffocate me. Within the span of a millisecond, my body was swirled forehead and before I knew it, I was entering the dark cave of the saucer. I kept my eyes closed, hearing the panicked screams of people outside, most importantly, Jade. I could sense that she was immensely terrified for me and how did I know that? After all, she was my best friend, my remaining family. Her emotions were tethered to mine, even if they weren't. 

"Haeaet s'oq la sowa sabbia."

I heard a gloomy voice from above me and I peeked an eye open, seeing yellow eyes in the dark abyss. I couldn't see anything else, but I heard a loud slam, indicating that the saucer door was closed. This was it. This was really happening. I didn't know if it was me or not, but the intensity of the situation was not registering within my brain. Maybe I was still in shock, or maybe I just didn't care. 

"English, please," I muttered quietly, eyes frantically looking around to see what that dreadful sensation was. It felt like there was a million on me. I mean, I understood why. Have you seen me? I was a fine piece of the male specimen and I wasn't ashamed to say it. There was a snort as footsteps sounded in the dark cave, golden eyes following a silhouette as it made its way over to the farthest part of the room. It sat down and within a blink of those eyes, the beam ball around me vanished and before I crashed to the ground, my body was moved closer to those eyes and thrown on a plush surface.