31.

It couldn't be true.

The pain on my forehead was still there, throbbing and pulsating as if it was reminding me of the deeply hidden truth. 

I sighed as I slid on my black ripped jeans with my blue tank top, completing it with a beanie for the final look. I shook my head, sighing heavily. I was really trying to remain optimistic because if Jade was indeed telling the truth and I had been out for so many hours, that would mean that the old Troy, the Troy who said that he didn't believe in love, would still be here. I didn't want that because I told myself that I would gladly believe in love if it meant that I shared it with Maddox for the first time.

Right.

Maddox.

"Got to be fucking kidding me," I rubbed my face, wishing that I could just go back to sleep and try to imagine that dream again. Something was telling me that it wasn't a dream, but Jade was very adamant because she had no clue what I was talking about and from knowing her all this time, Jade McKinley couldn't lie for shit.

"Jade, are you almost ready?" I called out, slinging my bag onto my back. There were so many clues that pointed me to the truth and I was a firm believer in believing what I wanted, so I knew that what Jade was telling me wasn't the truth. "Yes," I rolled my eyes before stepping out of the house, seeing a demon cop perched at our mailbox. I internally screamed as I walked past him, seeing him scan my body from the corner of his eyes.

"Get the hell out of my way," I said as the demon cop kept his gaze on the ground, the image of myself projecting onto his screen as he began to recite my information like a robot. 

"Troy Victorino Morelli, age 19, born on March 23rd, 2114 in Wichita, Kansas, to one Vasily and Maria Morelli—" The demon cop stopped himself short, staring at me deeply. I could've sworn I had seen this dude before, Kylar, if I recalled his name. Maybe I was imagining things, but my mind was telling me that this dude's name was Kylar. "You should already know who the fuck I am, Kylar," I muttered but there was no heat to my voice and his eyes widened as the demon cop standing next to him smacked him in the back of the head, whispering something harshly to him in their native tongue.

Kylar gritted his teeth, clenching his hands as the other cop reprimanded him. He seemed as if he was put in a really tough situation and it was so weird because I cursed in front of them and they acted as if I wasn't there. Kylar shook his head, his yellow eyes narrowed as he stared directly at me, the orbs conveying to me to help him. He looked as if he was silently begging me and I just turned to walk away, not wanting to catch any more offenses to my name. 

"Taen..."

I forced myself to keep walking even after my eyes widened at the sound of that familiar nickname. I wasn't hallucinating nor was I conjuring up things to appease my broken heart. He really said it and it led me to believe that something was happening and I was not made aware of it. I clenched my jaw and put a stride to my steps. I couldn't do anything about it, seeing that I was here. I could only hope that my worst fear hadn't come true. 

"Troy! Wait!" I could hear Jade's voice from behind me as I summoned a hoverboard, an umbrella coming along with it. Wow, I was so lost in my thoughts that I couldn't even feel the cold rain pelting my jacket. "Yea?" I muttered lifelessly, feeling my stomach churning again. "I'll come with you," She said, rolling up next to me on her own board. I nodded as we began our descent towards the University of Toronto, the dark and gloomy atmosphere of the city highlighting the terror of the dingy forest, the orange and grey murk of the sky. It was truly a disaster. 

"Tell me about the dream that you had," I shook my head, knowing that it would be pouring salt into my own wounds. I really felt as if everything that happened was real. I mean, the burning in the same exact spot that Maddox touched me in. That couldn't have been a coincidence but yet, everything was leading me to believe. "I'm fine," I grumbled, feeling a pain in my stomach, boiling and palpitating as I felt the urge to vomit. "You mind getting me some medicine for nausea though on the way back?" She lifted up her umbrella, looking at me.