32.

"Blegh!"

I wiped my mouth as I shuddered violently, reaching up to push the button to flush the toilet. "Shit, what the hell?" I stood up, wincing as my stomach decided to have an internal rollercoaster. This was the third time that I threw up in two days and I literally had no clue where it was coming from.

"Are you alright in there?" A voice called out from outside of the bathroom and I cursed, wishing that I had a mint to get this disgusting taste out of my mouth as I washed my hands. "Yeah," I grumbled, feeling extremely exhausted as I exited the bathroom, seeing Pazul standing there with a look of concern. "Oh my god, is that concern on your face?" I hissed, not wanting to see such a disgusting emotion on her face. 

"I'm just worried about you, Troy, is all," She said, pushing up her purple glasses as she stared up at me. It was odd how she took to calling me Troy instead of Mr. Morelli, not that I cared. "You've been acting...off," She narrowed her eyes as she knew something that I didn't and judging by her tone, she did. "It's been like this for the last week, right?" She asked and I nodded, leaning against the wall. "Yea," We didn't want to say it but we both knew that I was feeling off even before I came back here. "God, I'm hungry," I groaned, reaching into my bookbag and pulling out a bag of Hot Cheetos, shoving them into my mouth. Pazul watched me, tapering her eyes slightly as I sat down in the window seat, gazing at the sunny scenery of our city. 

"Since when do you eat Hot Cheetos?" She asked as if she knew me so well, taking a seat beside me. She was supposed to be teaching us but for some reason, all of the demon teachers were released from their duties, unable to go back to Hell and return to their post. It wasn't as if they didn't want to but like Natanya, they were unable to use their powers to go back to their home. They could transport anywhere else but Hell. It was kind of unnerving because they were all clearly worried about something.

"I don't know. I don't even like them," I shrugged, licking the red powder off of my lips. "But for some reason, I've been craving them since I first got back," I explained. Maybe it was because my body was subconsciously missing Maddox and it was weird, considering that there were times that I didn't see him at all when I was in Hell and I was completely fine. I missed him, sure enough, but I didn't crave him as much as I did now. I desperately craved his touch, his warmth, his gentleness. I craved it so much that I was even doing the things that he did just to make it seems as if he was here.

I remembered Natanya telling me that Jade was probably confused because she had her memories erased by Maddox. Some of the demons didn't, but they had their power to transport to Hell revoked. Those who were here had to stay and those in Hell had to stay. It bothered me because that had never become a thing, and I was worried. Extremely. I didn't know what the hell he was thinking?

"...do you know what is happening?" I questioned, pointing to the birds chirping and the sunshine gleaming through the glass. "Something is happening, I can feel it," I frowned, feeling such an intense bad feeling in my chest. 

"I don't know, Troy," Pazul seemed sad as if she was recalling something rather painful. "This is just bringing up all of those memories that I've been trying to keep repressed, zes zira," She whispered and I felt the weird urge to comfort her. "Walk with me," She murmured and so I did, watching the two pairs of feet take us to where they may. I threw the empty bag of the Hot Cheetos out, wishing that the man who typically ate them was with me, holding my hand. "When I was 216, four years ago, I met a guy. He wasn't from New Zealand like Availa's Leo or from Paris like Yara's Tyler. He was from a little town in Colorado and I was sent there to see how the humans were faring after Sir Alistair's rise," She sounded so sad and I felt for her.

"He was just a mere accountant, corny and funny. He was so plain and so boring, but he was the funniest man I knew. He didn't care about what I was or where I came from. He wanted to know about me," She chuckled to herself, her voice full of pain and grief. "He wanted to marry after six months but I knew that it was too early. Nevertheless, he managed to convince me because we both knew how much in love we were with each other. That's the crazy thing about love, it makes you lose rationale," She said but she didn't seem as if she regretted anything. Then her smile fell.