30.

Do you ever just feel like you're drowning in an ocean of darkness?

"I have many names: Alistair, Satan, Lucifer, Belial, the Beast, king of Babylon, the Devil, the demon lord," He was so cocky as he took a step down from the saucer, listing all of his names as if they mattered to me. "You take your pick," I could hear the taunt in his voice as he smirked, those gold eyes never leaving mine. "But do not feel free to call me Maddox Kane." That was the moment that I realized that this man was indeed the father of the girl I had pissed off. I didn't know how I managed to do that, considering I wasn't even trying to flirt with her, but lucky me. The demon lord came for just little me.

Feeling the pressure of the water pressing down your chest?

"Why don't you try some Lucky Charms, Maddox?" I chewed on the good stuff as I motioned over to the box that was sitting in front of him on the counter. "I'll even be nice and let you have some," I grinned and he shook his head, pointing to his bag of Hot Cheetos. "It is nice of you to offer such things, but I'm afraid I must decline," He politely said, shoveling his hot ass snack into his mouth. "Besides," He smirked evilly and I narrowed my eyes. "My mouth can only handle something as elite as these chips," I raised a brow, wondering if he was really challenging me.

"Asshole, don't you dare put the most delicious thing on the planet below some salty ass chips!" I sputtered and he let out a cackle, unable to stop himself. "You should get on your knees and be thankful that this cereal is even allowing you to be in its presence," I grumbled and he smiled. I found that he was doing that a lot more and it pleased me. "Is that so?"

Soon, I was going to get him to try these, just so he could admit that they were better than those nasty things he called chips.

Do you ever just feel like you're trying to swim up to the surface but you cannot?

I looked at this man incredulously, wondering just how old he was. "Maddox Kane, are you seriously telling me that in all of the 300 something years that you have been alive," He blushed and looked away and I stared with a smirk. "You have never seen a movie?" He said nothing, confirming my suspicion and I guffawed, placing my legs on his. "Oh my god, I can't believe it. So you never seen anything like the Lion King or Finding Nemo, or even Insidious?" I recalled old-time movies from back in the day, relics that I kept hidden away because they were so expensive on the dark market.

"I...have no clue what those are," Maddox sounded so sad that he didn't know what those movies were and I tapped his cheek, pouting playfully at him. "It's okay, puppy lord. I will save the day!"  I pulled out my phone, using the hologram to surge through my movie application. Luckily for me and my intelligent and oh-so-capable mind, I managed to put a replication of the movie itself on my phone so that I could stream directly from my phone without having to buy a third-party app to use it.

"Which one do you want to watch first?" I murmured, snuggling closer to him unconsciously as he drew the lights in, the large screen projecting for us. "We can watch your favorite," Maddox snaked an arm around my waist, rubbing at the exposed skin. "Insidious it is, but I must warn you," I looked up at him, seeing him rub the stubble on his tanned face. "Yes?" He replied and I sighed. "I am a badass motherfucker, but even I get scared easily with horror movies," I frowned and he snorted, rubbing my hair.

"I'll chase away all the bad monsters for you, Troy."

Does it feel like the light keeps getting farther and farther away?

"What would you change if there weren't any of these rules that I imposed on you and your world?" Maddox gripped my chin, turning me to look at him and I hummed, feeling him remove his grip. "For one, I'd rectify the rules just so that we still had them, but they'd be fair for whoever is ruling and for the people. It wouldn't be total chaos, but it wouldn't be a dictatorship," I shrugged, thinking back to over 187 years ago when Adolf Hitler reigned over Germany, according to the textbooks.