37.

Tion was furious.

"You," He seethed, those white eyes of his glaring so hard into my soul, I could see the hatred dripping from them. "You are the one he loves?" He spat the words so coldly, I felt an icy chill swoop past my shoulders. I didn't dare reveal my face nor my scent, so I knew that the barrier was still protecting me.

"Yea, jackass. Who else did you expect?" I ignored a nudge from Maddox, wondering where the extra height of his came from. I normally came to his chest but this time, I came to his diaphragm. I didn't like that one bit, but I was going to focus on that after we killed this bastard. 

While every other demon was finishing off the last of the angels, killing the whole kind, Tion stood in front of Maddox and I, his eyes boring into our souls as if he was trying to figure us out. He was bound by mercury chains, a stark weakness of his that drew away some of the power that he possessed. 

His body was glowing as the halo on top of his big ass head started turning green as he groaned, fumbling his way up the steps as if he wanted to attack us. I could feel a pain in my stomach and I looked down, seeing that it was expanding just a bit. I stifled a wince so that Maddox wouldn't notice, taking several deep breaths. Maddox breathed heavily, moving me behind his blue glowing figure.

His body seemed so much more muscular, a result of him having been stuck in that green liquid. He seemed to emit such a power that made even me want to submit, much like the feel of the day he came to No Man's Land to get me. "I see you got this idea from the princess," Tion chuckled, motioning to the handcuffs as he took another step, the clang and clash of the fighting not bothering him one bit. "But lucky for you," He clicked his teeth, ripping apart the chains on his wrists.

"I'm not as pathetic as you," He sneered at the both of us, Nya and Jexan having fear in their eyes as he cracked his neck. "Don't think that I don't know how you operate, Lucifer," Tion snapped, a hand reaching out and all of a sudden, a silver sword was placed in hand as he gripped it tight, his fury awakening. I motioned with my eyes for Nya, Jexan, and the demons around him to get away immediately, but it was too late as he crouched over, a vortex of wind snapping those demons against the wall, rendering them unconscious.

My heart lurched in my chest as I muffled a sob, watching Maddox grit his teeth, his face damp with sweat as his eyes gleamed over in anger and uncertainty. He was worried about them, his family. "Now that everyone is down, such a pity those angels lost," Tion shrugged as he took another step, warranting us to take one back, being pushed into a corner. "I'll take care of you two." He staggered up the steps, one by one as if he was ridiculing us, wanting us to feel like prey under his watchful eyes.

"Such a shame, Luci," He tilted his head, holding up the sword as I gulped, Maddox's giant figure protecting me from this dangerous man, the same one who stood not only ten feet away from us, decked out in white with a malicious and black aura radiating from him. He meant to kill and he had the strongest powers to do so. "You would've made a strong Royal Guard, but like the rest of your other clan," He detested what Maddox became, that much was obvious.

"You sinned."

I narrowed my eyes, trying to understand what the hell this man was coming from. "What gives you the fucking right to decide whether or not these people sinned?" I peeked from around the side of Maddox, enticing a glare from Tion. "You seem so upset that these people loved others and did what was right for humanity, so," I folded my arms. "It seems to be that your sin might be envy or pride because you aren't shit, Tion," I growled lowly, daring the fucker to do something. I had a plan up my sleeve.

I could see Maddox warning me not to goad and antagonize this man, but he needed to hear a few things. "You are so hellbent on focusing on what he does," I pointed to Maddox. "Instead of worrying about what a real king needs to do for his people. Being the king does not grant you the power to be judge, jury, and executioner, you dumbfuck! Only a tyrant would have that mindset," He didn't deserve this title, that was for sure.