34.

Today was the day.

The angel-kicking, ass-whooping, bloodcurdling, limb-ripping, hearing the sounds of their screams as they begged for mercy day.

And I was hype.

"We have never taken a human up to Eden on our missions, much less a pregnant one. I am unsure of how your body will cope with the temperature change," Nya said as she motioned for me to step into the leather black bodysuit that was supposed to be my protective outfit. It didn't look that protective if I was speaking the truth. It looked like another piece of skin attached to mine. "There are so many risks involved," I could feel her trembling and I looked at her to see her eyebrows quivering. "Where's the right-hand woman who threatened to kill me on the spot for calling her lord by his name?" I folded my arms and she snapped her head up to look at me.

"I—"She couldn't even finish her sentence as she blushed. "She sort of vanished when she realized that you found a reason to fight for the rest of us," She murmured and I ruffled her black hair, rubbing her horns. "No need to get all sentimental, Nicola," I sighed, ignoring her surprise when I addressed her by her name. I meant business.

"We need you at your best today." I spoke adamantly, knowing that it was no time to play games. "Whatever thoughts of reluctance you have, throw them shits out the window," I gripped her shoulders as she zipped up the suit, being mindful of the small pudge that was there. "I am strong, you are strong. Repeat after me," Nya tilted her head as I enunciated every word. "We are badass motherfuckers." She turned red at the sound of profanity leaving my lips and I motioned for her to say it. We didn't have time for her to be bashful or anything like that.

"We....are...bad a—" She blushed, stuttering further and I raised my brow, wondering why she was so nervous. "Go ahead. Maddox ain't here," I smirked as she followed through, oddly pleased with myself. "Badass motherfuckers!" She cheered, happy as hell to hear the first curse word that came out of her mouth. "And don't you forget it," I high-fived her as she patted down the suit, making sure that it on properly. "Just don't do anything rash. I don't think any of us would know what to do or how to cope if anything happened to you," She fixed me with a stern stare and I nodded, promising her that I would do my best. 

"Now here," She pointed to a set of buttons that lied on the belt of the suit. "This suit is bioengineered to your vitals so it is programmed to constantly hold a biome-barrier that will protect you and your child since you are human," She pressed a button and all of a sudden, I felt a giddy feeling coating my entire being. "Only us demons can see the barrier around you. It can take continuous hits, but you must be careful because the large beams of light that the angels can use will put a hole in this barrier, making you susceptible to injuries and things of that nature," She explained, clicking on the next button. 

"This allows you to generate your own beams of fire, light, etc, you know how we demons have our powers. This just allows you to use it as well without the repercussions on your body," She pressed the button and in the metal gloves that were on my hands, a white glow of a ball appeared. "You can aim it at the enemy. Your arm is the trajectory and the suit understands the aim," She leaned down to pick up a black helmet. I recognized as one of the helmets that the demon cops wore on a daily basis.

"This is concealed to the enemy so they cannot see your face or your eyes. They will not be able to tell who you are, which is good because I am sure Tion and everyone else knows who you are. If you press this button," She pointed to a triangular-shaped circle. "This will hide your scent so they can't tell that you are pregnant. This does put you at a higher risk because you will be considered one of us, but I rather than they all come for you because they can smell you," She continued to go through all of the powers that came with the suit, including the powered up strength that I would gain if I chose to fight in combat style.