14.

"I thought you were dead."

My mother chuckled as she rubbed my cheek, a tear escaping her eye. "Oh, Troy. Ever so brutally honest," She said if as if she was going to give me a lecture, but it sounded like she had missed it. I had missed her too. There was no way that I could put in words the feeling that racked my body when I laid eyes on my mother and father. I had been without them for four years, 1460 days, thinking that they were dead and there was no way that I could ever see them again without dying myself.

But here they were before me, smiling as if everything was okay. They didn't seem to have pain marks on them or anything out of the ordinary. They looked the same as they did all that time ago and I was so fucking happy to see them. The tears that I had been holding back for a long time, just came rushing through, not giving me a chance to even try to slow them down. They were here, they were really here. None of this ghost bullshit. They were here, in my arms, telling me how much they loved me.

"Son, you grew up so nicely," Vasily smirked, but I could see the love and affection in his eyes. "Are you mad that I look better than you?" I teased, grateful that we were able to fall in our old routine. There was nothing like the bond with your parents. It was the most painful thing in my life to have them ripped away from me because of that demon lord and his stinking rules. I missed them so much like one could not understand nor feel the way that my heart ripped into pieces when I realized that they were gone.

"Nah, you wish you could look as good as this," Vasily chuckled, motioning to himself despite the tears in his eyes. I bit my lip to stop the tears from coming once again as I took them into my arms, relishing in their touch. "I missed you guys so much..." I whispered, shutting my eyes. "We missed you too, baby," Mom rubbed my hair, one of her tears falling into one of the strands. "We missed you." She repeated herself once again and I pulled away, wanting to get a good look at them.

"You guys look the exact same," I muttered, wiping my face as the void in my heart began to repair itself. "Well, you look different, more mature," Vasily recalled and I tilted my head, knowing that I was a lot shorter and a lot lankier the last time he had seen me. Time would heal all wounds and I would make every single moment and minute with them count. "What is this?" I motioned to the crowd of humans before me, wondering what the hell they were doing here. Some of them looked extremely familiar, so I knew they came from No Man's Land. The question was: why?

There were so many of them here and the weird part was the fact that they looked so happy and content, despite being taken from their home. Well, it wasn't exactly a home because that deranged city had no homey feeling to it. It was where you went to spend the rest of your life in solitude.

I whirled around on my feet, so many questions in my mind. "Were you scared? Did he do anything to hurt you? Do I need to kill him? Trust me," I nodded fervently, thinking of many ways of how I would kill Maddox. "I will," Maria furrowed her brows, shaking her head, giving me that look that told me that she thought nothing of what I was thinking. "No, Troy. I'm pretty happy down here. I'm not sure if you know what exactly you are talking about," She stepped closer, taking my hand in hers. "What kind of things have you been hearing about our Sir?" I was absolutely confused as to the way she was acting.

"They always told me that you two were dead," I blinked. "They said that you along with the other humans who used to be there were dead," My mother shook her head sadly, offering me a grim smile. "As you can see, love," She put my thumb on her palm. "I'm completely alive." No way. There was no way. "B-but how?" I couldn't understand the whole logic behind this. What was happening right now? "We don't even know ourselves," Maria motioned to her, my father, and every other human in the room, their eyes glancing back and forth awkwardly. "But if you really want to know, try asking Sir Alistair himself."