10.

I didn't think that I could hate anyone the way that I hated Maddox Kane. Well, I didn't hate him as much as I wanted to. I was intrigued by him. I disliked him because he thought he was entitled to everything just because he took over Earth, killed our parents and family, and forced us to live a life under his regime. I disliked him because he had no idea how many tears I shed, wishing for my parents to come back to me unharmed. He had no idea how miserable we all were but yet, I found myself fascinated by his nature.

He was just a man of mystery; an enigma, if you will.

"Availa," I turned to my servant who picked up her head at my call. "Yes, Troy?" She responded and I sighed, looking out of the window, wondering why everything was so dark, dull and depressing. Everything was in ruins, shambles, no sign of life anywhere except for the flowers that bloomed. "Are you happy to be here?" I questioned and she nodded with no hesitation. "Of course," She stated adamantly. "Sir Alistair has done nothing but good for me," She said and I frowned.

Was that the truth or was she just trying to defend his honor because she was obligated to? Either way, I didn't give a fuck. I had every right to be fucking pissed at this man and his lack of respect for humans. If he wanted us to respect him and live by his laws, he had to earn it. Respect was a two-way street. He couldn't disregard us like trash and expect us to kiss his god damn feet because he was demon lord.

Man, that bastard could kiss my ass. He appeared to be the same pompous bastard with those dumb laws as I pictured.

"Well," I folded my legs, knowing that I couldn't talk her out of her. Despite her cute nature, I wanted to loathe her because she couldn't relate to me at all. She couldn't understand my pain, my angst, my contempt for this man.

"It just makes me so upset that he can look me in the eye so casually, knowing that he's responsible for everything that he has done," I bit my lip, taking a deep breath so I wouldn't cry. There was no point in crying over what was already lost. I couldn't get it back nor could I think about the part of me that I lost in the mix. Losing them was like leaving two bullet holes that were just shot through my heart, feeling the tearing, the ripping, the bleeding inside of me. It was a constant painful reminder that burned me inside and out every single day, a void that I could never fill as long as I lived.

"I don't know if he remembers because it was four years ago and he has killed tons of people between now and then," I shook my head, gritting my teeth. "But I just want to know why. Why my parents, why them. What did they do wrong?" I waved my hands in the air, pleading with nothing.

I could recall his dark words, the color of his eyes and his demeanor as he said one thing and one thing only. "You don't know me and you never will."

What did he mean by that? Who the hell would want to know someone who always thought of killing to be a good solution to problems so insignificant? Who the hell would want to know someone who didn't understand how the inferior race felt?

"I don't know what you've seen or what you've heard," Availa spoke up and I turned to her, feeling the atmosphere of the room change. "But Sir Alistair hasn't killed anyone a day in his life," She folded her arms, a frown on her lips. I raised a brow, wondering if she was that naive or if she desperately wanted to believe that there was hope in the man. "Yea?" I muttered humorlessly. "Is that what he told you?" I raised a brow, knowing that she wouldn't understand or relate to me.

Maddox did right by her because she was one of his kind: a demon. She didn't have to deal with him storming onto her land and rounding up people and taking them to be killed just because he could. He had that power.

"No," Availa mumbled, cutting her eyes at me. "I don't expect you to understand or to believe, Troy," She sighed, clutching her necklace. "But our lord is not who you think he is. He's not that villain you're making him out to be. He's the best man that I have ever met," I internally snorted, wondering if she was smoking demon crack or what. She had to have been delusional because there was no way. Absolutely no god damn way. "Is that right?" I chuckled, knowing that there was no point to this conversation.