41.

Two weeks and three days had passed since I became the demon lady of Hell.

I, for one, didn't know what I was thinking when I said yes to that proposal, but I didn't regret it. If I had to change anything about how I got here and the chains of events, it would be Jade's death. It was still bittersweet in my mind and it hurt to think about it because I was here, and she wasn't. 

It was just weird because I now had the job of making sure that people on Earth and in Hell were happy, which meant dealing with a whole lot of politics. Let me be real by saying that I was never into politics and I didn't think I would be. It was too difficult being a diplomat and catering to every single person's feelings, but now that I stood side-by-side Maddox Kane, I found that my job was a lot easier than I thought.

It was truly crazy and my mother never failed to point it out to me every day she saw me. Four years ago, I didn't think I'd be sitting here, my legs in the lap of the feared demon lord as he rubbed my sore feet, a gigantic rock on my left hand. 

And I loved it.

"So we need to start thinking about future stuff and what we need to do since you know," I pointed to him. "You are the demon lord and they need you more than ever since that scary ass facade of yours fell apart," I said, referencing how cruel he was before Tion fell to his defeat. He let out a breath, pushing his hair back as he smiled at me, that fond look in his eyes deepening. He never failed to look at me as if I was the only person he saw.

"Don't forget that you are my demon lady. If anything," Maddox chuckled, rolling his eyes. "They'll probably listen and like you more than I. Not that I'd mind because I can see why," He always spoke with so much love and affection in his tone and it always reminded me that I thought this man was incapable of loving someone else that wasn't his family. Even if we had our disputes because let us be honest, we always did, I always told him how important he was to me.

No matter how we met or how far we came.

"Of course. What's not to love?" I winked at him and he leaned over, kissing my cheek gently. We were situated in his office, casually talking about business before we were done for the day and we basked in each other's attention as lovers.

"We need to reevaluate the 13 Commandments," I said in a serious tone and Maddox nodded in agreement. "We should make rules that are beneficial to us and to the people," I murmured and he closed his eyes, making a telepathic connection. "I have called Jexan to arrive and he should be here within seconds," He clicked his fangs and I sighed, hearing a knock on the door. "Come in!" I screeched and Jexan appeared, carrying two scrolls and a black pen. 

"Hello, Sir Alistair, Taen," He greeted formally and I rolled my eyes. "You know you can still call me Troy," I smirked and he nodded, knowing that he was never going to call me that ever again. "How I may assist you two today?" He asked as he sat down at the round table in which Maddox and I were placed. 

"Troy would like for us to revamp the list of the commandments, and I agree," Maddox began and Jexan unrolled an old looking scroll, laying it flat on the table as he opened the fresh scroll, pen in hand. "What would you like to change?" He looked at me and I thought about it for a second. "We can keep the ones about respecting the demon lord and his underlings and honoring no other god," I said as I watched him write in down in cursive handwriting. "Also add in there to respect the demon lady as well," Maddox chimed in and I rolled my eyes, fighting a blush.

"Honestly, there is no need for a curfew. They just need to have identification present and comply with the demon cops should we run into them," Jexan hummed as he wrote down the rule, waiting for me to continue. "There is no need to limit their use of profanity nor taking their money. They can say whatever the hell they want and they just need to make sure that they use their money for intelligent purposes like starting their own business and stuff like that. Make note that using money for illegal purposes will result in a consequence," I said, wanting our people to have a good start in life.