Wrong Number

Summary : Harry tries hitting on a guy , the guy gives him a phone number . The phone number belongs to Louis . Harry realizes he was set up , but can't stop talking to Louis .

Kind of like that movie I don't remember the name of , but this time they know they were set up .

Also , heads up : It's a long one .

Enjoy x

~~

Harry eyed the guy who walked into the coffee shop ; he was really attractive , spoke with a soft accent . When the guy waited for his coffee to be ready , Harry decided to approach him .

"Hi ."

The guy turned to face him and smiled , "Hey ."

"I uh , I haven't seen you before . Are you new around here ?"

"Actually , not really . I live on the north side of the city so I don't get to come down south much ." The guy said .

Harry nodded , "I understand . I'm Harry , by the way ." He held his hand out for the guy to shake , the guy took his hand , "Manuel ."

"Well , Manuel , how about I show you around a little ? Maybe give me your number ?"

Manuel smiled , "I'm a bit busy but sure , you can have my number ."

Harry quickly took a pen out of his pocket , grabbing a napkin from the nearest table . Manuel scribbled a number down on the napkin and handed it to Harry , taking his coffee from the counter and sending Harry one last smile before leaving the shop .

Harry smiled to himself in victory .

~

The next day , around the evening , Harry gathered up the courage to call the number Manuel gave him . He dialled it and brought it to his ear , biting on his thumb .

"Hello ?"

"Manuel , hi . It's - It's Harry , from the coffee shop . I was wonde -"

"I'm sorry , but he gave you the wrong number ."

Harry froze for a few seconds . Now that he noticed , the voice who answered was higher than Manuel's . "I'm sorry , what ?"

"Manuel gave you the wrong number . Sorry ."

"Oh . Oh , I'm sorry , I - I'm sorry ."

"It's alright , not your fault ." The guy on the other line said . "Not the first time anyway ."

"What do you mean ? Like , what do you mean not the first time ?"

"He , uh , he gives my number to any guy who hits on him . Like , he sets them up and you're not the first one who called my number ."

"So you know that Manuel guy ?"

"Yeah , he's a real arsehole . A player ." The guy sighed , "About a year ago he asked for my number , and I thought he wanted something to do with me . But he's just using my number as an excuse ."

"Oh , that's bullshit . I'm sorry he's doing that ."

The guy chuckled , "It's alright , not your fault . You're all good ."

Harry smiled softly , despite what the guy just told him . "I'm , I'm Harry , by the way ."

"Hi , Harry . I'm Louis ."