8.

Armoni

1 week later...

"Jackson get up you have a court date." I hopped up off the top bunk and he put the handcuffs on. He walked me to the van so they can transport me to the courthouse.

It wasn't that much of a drive hopefully I get to come home to my family. The van stopped and some officers came and got me.

They took me out the van and I went in a holding cell where I saw my lawyer.

I smiled. "Hey Caroline." We hugged.

"Ok Armoni I know they didn't read you Miranda rights." I nodded confused.

"How is that going to help me." I asked.

She sighed. "When you get arrested, they supposed to read you your rights but they didn't so you are automatically free, but the judge might try and giving you house arrest." I nodded and got excited.

"Well, that's fine with me at least I get to go home and spend time with my family." She nodded. She left and I sat on the bench.

An hour later...

I was laying down on the bench when a police officer came and got me. He put handcuffs on me and walked me to a room.

When we walked inside, I instantly started smiling. I saw everybody kalani and the kids the gang my sister Ryan my parents and Sherhonda.

They sat me on a chair next to my lawyer and took the cuffs off. "All rise." We stood up when the judge came.

"You may all be seated." We sat down.

"So, what are we looking at." The judge asked. The other lawyer who was working against me stood up.

"Well Armoni Jackson was arrested for kidnapping of Clarissa and Amari Brown." The judge nodded and started going through paperwork.

"Well, where is the evidence." I really wasn't listening cause I barely knew what was going on.

"Well, your honor there's a problem." My lawyer told the judge. The judge looked at her with one eyebrow raised.

"And that is." I looked back and saw kalani looking at me. I smiled and she did the same as well.

"Well, the officers who arrested my client forgot to read her rights." She looked shocked. "You forgot to mirandize her." She asked the officers and they all looked down.

"Yes, we did." I mentally smirked. The judge sighed.

"Well, we have no choice but to let her go but I am sentencing you to 1 year of house arrest and 2 years of probation. I want to make sure that everybody is safe and you're not dangerous." I smiled.

"Do you agree with that." I heard my lawyer ask me. I nodded.

"Yea we agree with that sentence." She did a small nod and got the gravel thing. "Ok this case is dismissed." An officer came and took me back to a room.