Chapter Five

Icepaw sat at the edge of IceClan's territory, letting the sun pierce through his fur and warm his thin skin beneath the hefty layer of fur he received from his father. His mind wandered to the past as it usually did when he sat alone with no distractions.

"I wonder what happened to go on a solo hunt?" A voice made Icepaw jump and whip around to see Wolffur standing a few tail-lengths away, looking amused.

"Oh, I, uh, got distracted and wanted to think alone for a bit." Replied Icepaw, fur heating up in embarrassment. "I can still hunt and see what I can catch if you want." He offered, shaking out his fur.

Wolffur shook his head and sat down beside his son, watching the nearby stream flow smoothly with a fish breaking the surface only to dive back in the water quickly. "No need, the Clan has eaten the prey Sorrelclaw's patrol caught a few hours ago."

Icepaw nodded and sat down with his father in a comfortable silence, both toms taking in the view of the land beyond their reach. Wolffur was the first to break the silence with a startling statement.

"Your mother is expecting kits," he meowed, looking at his son with a sorrowful expression.

Icepaw tilted his head, confusion growing inside him. "Why are you sad?" He asked, tail flicking. "Kits are the future of the Clan."

Wolffur looked at his son, eyes misting with sadness. "Because," his voice cracked with grief. "The kits she is expecting are not my own."

Icepaw's jaw dropped, eyes widening in shock. "T-then who is?" He whispered, not wanting to hear the answer.

Wolffur hung his head and murmured so quietly, Icepaw leaned in to hear. "B-Bravetimber, my brother and your uncle."

Warriors: Rise of the Shadows (Book 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara