Chapter Twenty-Six

Kinksnow watched Reedfall with envy as he padded out of the warriors' den and stretched. His claws unsheathed as he yawned and sheathed as he began to pad in the center of the clearing.

"I want Fallensong, Firewing, and Spiderheart on a hunting patrol." The deputy called. He went on naming a few other cats for a border patrol and Kinksnow wasn't chosen.

Her thoughts traveled to when Starlingstar and Whitestar were speaking moments before the previous leader died. 'Maybe I'm one of the chosen cats to save the four Clans.' She thought and quickly shook her head.

Deciding against going to Reedfall and asking to join a patrol, Kinksnow padded out of the camp and felt the wind rush through her fur, making her smile softly.

"Kinksnow!" Called the familiar voice of Halfmist, trotting up to her. "Care for one more?" The medicine cat apprentice asked, head tilting.

Kinksnow shrugged, tail flicking. "I don't mind, Halfmist." She meowed and together the she-cats headed away from the Clan and further into the vast and open moors.

After a few moments of silence between the two, Halfmist turned to the warrior, her eyes troubled. "I had a dream about you, Kinksnow." She meowed abruptly, tail flicking.

The she-cat halted, her eyes meeting the medicine cat's green gaze. "Me?" She echoed, tail tip flicking. "Why me?"

Halfmist took a breath and shifted her gaze across the moor, her eyes growing distant. "Because you and three others are chosen to save the Clans."