Chapter Twenty

Kinksnow flicked her white ears and sighed, rolling onto her side so she could finally fall asleep. 'You have dawn patrol in the morning, Kinksnow.' Whitefang's words rang in her head, keeping her from falling asleep.

When she managed to sleep, her eyes fluttered open and what she saw was a starry field. "StarClan?" Kinksnow called out, ears twitching.

"It's nice to meet you, Kinksnow." Purred a voice from a few mouse-lengths away. A dark bracken tabby and a blue tabby were padding towards the warrior. "We've waited many moons to speak with you, you know."

"Who are you?" Kinksnow asked, head tilting with curiousity. The two StarClan cats exchanged a glance.

"They don't speak about us anymore, do they?" The blue tabby she-cat meowed, eyes flickering.

"This is Webstripe and I am Owlstar, former leader and deputy of DuskClan before Rockfall took over." The bracken tabby tom answered, ignoring the she-cat.

Kinksnow nodded, tail flicking. "What are you two doing here?" She asked. Realizing it sounded insulting, she tried again. "I mean, why are you choosing to speak with me?"

Owlstar leaned in and so did Webstripe, both of their eyes intense. "A cat has broken the code in your Clan and in DawnClan, kits will be forced to train under six moons, elders will die, and much worse will come if you and the others don't stop them."

Kinksnow flinched, eyes widening. "What do you mean?" She asked, tail tip twitching. "Who betrayed the Code?"

Webstripe lashed her tail over her mouth, silencing more questions. "Hush, focus on finding the other chosen cats, Kinksnow." She meowed and the two cats began to fade away. 

"Wait!" She shouted, reaching her paw out. "Who are the other chosen cats?"Kinksnow jolted upright, breathing hard. Her ears perked up at Heartfire's call. 

"Kinksnow! Let's go!" Rising to her paws, Kinksnow wobbled out of the den, the dream weighing heavily on her mind.