Epilogue

The moon shone high above the heads of many cats, making their pelts glow with moonlight. Many of them were speaking with each other, sharing news and boasting about how well they hunted.

Four cats with star marks above their eyes sat on a stone, they did not share a boulder. Each Clan had their own stone to sit on and give the report of their respective Clan.

One of them, a tortoiseshell tom, stepped forward and his voice echoed off the trees that surrounded them. "Cats of all Clans, welcome to the Gathering!"

The murmuring and the boasting of apprentices died down as he began to speak. Their heads craned to hear what he had to say and what might happen.

"I will go first," the tom meowed. "FireClan has been well despite the deaths of many of our cats over the past few moons." The broad-shouldered tom announced. "We have four new apprentices: Logpaw and Flintpaw and Shortberry has given birth to three healthy kits."

A honey-brown she-cat dipped her head as the tom sat down and stood up. "DawnClan has been well and we have five new warriors. Congratulations Silverstripe, Cindersmoke, Halfstrike, Pikestorm, and Drifthawk!"

Another cat, white she-cat stepped forward. "I am glad you have more warriors and apprentices but I have nothing to report." She meowed and dipped her head.

The final cat rose to her paws and flicked her tail. "I have something sorrowful to share." The cat meowed, her eyes full of grief. "Froststar has joined StarClan a moon ago, I am now Brownstar. My deputy is Iceblaze."

The other leaders nodded and rose to their paws, but four cats leaped to their paws. A creamy she-cat called out: "Wait!"

The leaders watched in shock as the she-cat leaped onto her leaders' stone and looked at the gathered cats below. "There are two murderers among us who have killed our Clanmates for moons."

"Who are these cats?" Asked a cat from below, their eyes flashing.

The she-cat took a deep breath before she replied. "Shredfrost and Reedfall."