nineteen

Taylor's p.o.v:

a/n: The chapters will be getting shorter from now on, just so i can switch between Harry and Taylor's p.o.v more often :)

The flight back to California was nice and peaceful. I got to spend some quality time alone with just Harry and the cats. Harry had decided to come back home with me. He'd been lovely these past few months. Really supportive and lovely. He was heeling me, slowly but surely. I could feel myself smiling more often, and laughing louder. Though a lot of the time i was still faking it, it was beginning to be real. Like how they say "fake it 'til you make it." I never expected that to work, but it did. Who knew that Harry Styles' jokes could actually be funny. I could tell that when i was happy, it made him happy. I liked that a lot. How he cared for me, and looked out for me. Always putting me before himself.

Mental health should be treated differently than physical health. Sure, tablets and medicine helped. But nothing was as good a treatment as finding something that makes you happy. Harry's smiles were just as good as a trip to the doctor for me.

"Oh, Taylor!" My Mum said, embracing me at the airport. "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too, Mum." I hugged her tight, not wanting to let her. "Er... Mum. This is Harry. Well, you know him, but he's grown a lot since last time"

"Hello!" Harry said in his British accent. "Long time, no see."

"Hm." Mum grumbled something under her breath.

"Ugh, Mum." I hissed. I was sick of Mum constantly disapproving of my every move. "Can you just not be rude?"

"I'm trying my best, Taylor. I just want what's best for you."

"Yeah, yeah." I snapped. "Sure you are. I'm going home!" I grabbed Harry's arm and lead him back to the car, but he hesitated.

"Taylor, are you sure?"

"Of course. This is between me and mum." I said, sounding crabbier than i intended.

"I don't want you getting in a fight with your mum over me." 

"Whatever, just get in the car."

"Taylor, I-"

"GET IN THE BLOODY CAR!" I screeched, and then burst into tears, hopping in the car after Harry.

a/n: sorry this chapter went from peaceful to not in a very short period lmao oop