twenty six

Harry's p.o.v:

I sat in the waiting room for what felt like eternity. I wanted to sleep, but every time i almost got there my eyeballs flew open, waking me up again. I assumed this happened because my brain was afraid I would miss something. The only thing to wait for was an update from a nurse, and even if i did miss it, Selena and Gigi would tell me once i woke up. My pathetic efforts at comforting myself were pointless. My shoulders were tense and stiff, my head felt like a rock, my brain wasn't functioning and my chin was stinging, but these things weren't bothering me. I needed Taylor to be okay. I needed it. Being with her these past few months has been... unforgettable. She was colourful and bubbly, and no matter what happens to her i'll always remember her like that. No. No, i couldn't think about endings like that. I wouldn't. 

"Harry..." Selena whispered to me, while Gigi was sleeping. "You know it wasn't your fault. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time."

"But it was my fault Selena. If i swerved the other way, i would've been the one in emergency. I would prefer that. But this. I don't know what i would do it something happened to her..."

"No one else seems to think it's your fault, Harry. Not Andrea, Scott or Austin." Selena said. "Not even the fans, they're being surprisingly nice about all of this. It's got me stumped."

"Wow." I said. I didn't mean for it to be sarcastic, but it just came out like that. I'm sure the facts will change though. Someone in the media will find a shot of me swerving on Taylor side, and turn everyone against me. Tomorrow, Camila, Cara, Karlie and Niall would be arriving to hang around the hospital with us, too. There was really no point for them all to fly over, because only family members can see Taylor. Stupid, if you ask me. Niall was only really coming because Selena and I were here. He was a friend of Taylor's, but they were never particularly close.

a/n: sorry i know this chapter sucks but it was kinda just a connector thingo