fifty six

Harry's p.o.v:

I was in the car driving home to see Taylor while singing my new song i'd just recorded at the studio. Not going to lie, i was proud of it. It was - of course - about Taylor. It was sort of a response to her song 'Lover,' which i'd been wanting to do for a while. Mine was called 'Darling.'

I got arrived home and walked in the front door, to see a wary and tired Taylor sitting on the couch waiting for me. It was midday but she was still in her PJs. She was strumming a guitar weakly but nothing was really happening. I could tell because as soon as i walked in she put the guitar down, obviously waiting for me. If she was really in the middle of the songwriting process she wouldn't be able to stop. I understood that.

Our relationship and household was weird compared to other people's. For one, we had a set aside "music room." with a piano and all sorts of guitars. Another reason was that we were totally fine with each other running off mid-conversation to write down a lyric. Other people would groan and no accept that. But we're songwriters, we have to stick together. 

"Hey, babe." I walked over to where Taylor was sitting and kissed her forehead. "You alright?"

"Yeah, I-" She began. "Um. Sit down."

I sat down and started playing with her hair. I knew she loved that, and it also made her feel more cool, calm and collected. 

"Well... i did the test." She said, looking down at her fingers. "And it's positive. I'm pregnant"

She's pregnant. The fact that i was going to be a Dad and Taylor was my child's Mum truly warmed my heart. If you told me in 2010 that i was going to be having a baby with Taylor Swift, i wouldn't have believed you. In fact, i wouldn't have just not believed you. I would have called you a crazy, delusional liar, shoved you away and blocked you on all social media platforms. But social media was barely a thing back then, so maybe not that last one. But this was real. This was actually real. 

"You're-" I stood up, smiling and laughing. "You're pregnant. We're having a baby!"

"Yeah, but-"

"Babe, are you okay?" I asked, sitting back down again and grabbing her hands. 

"I'm not sure i can handle it all." Taylor said. "I'm excited about it, genuinely. I do feel very excited about having a child. But having a baby grow inside of me makes my stomach churn, do you know what i mean? And i am happy that we get to share this experience together, but all i feel like doing right now is crying and sleeping. And i'm not even sad! Ugh, it's like going through puberty all over again. Kill me now."

"I know it'll be hard." I nodded. "But if it's any consolation, i'll be here for you every step of the way, yeah? And i know that you can do this. You're Taylor Swift, you can do anything!"

"I really do adore you." She smiled weakly. "Thank you, it means a lot. I know a lot of women go through pregnancy alone, and i can't imagine that. Your support means the world to me."

"Well, you mean the world to me." I kissed her neck lightly several times, before pulling her in for a big embrace. 

a/n: HAYLOR ARE HAVING A BABY Y'ALLLLLL