sixty

Harry's p.o.v:

At the end of our performance - before Taylor could say anything to the crowd - i got down on one knee. Taylor wasn't expecting this, nor was the crowd. This wasn't part of our planned performance. If she refused me, it would be public humiliation. I don't know why i put myself - and Taylor, for that matter - in this position. I just wanted it to be amazing, if she agreed. Uh oh, now i was scared.

Taylor's eyes were already watering, and she was holding hands with Paul, her guitarist. He was standing behind her for support. 

"Taylor." I began, speaking into my mic. At this point, the crowd was more silent than it had been all night, wanting to hear every word. "We've been together for years. And those years, these years and months and days have been the most enjoyable times of my life. With you, all of my problems amount to nothing. Taylor Alison Swift, will you marry me?"

All Taylor's dancers were behind her now, smiling and patting her on the back. Taylor was just standing there, stunned. She was crying so much. I wasn't sure if that was because of how happy she was, or how worried she was about refusing me in front of this many people. Why oh why did i do this to myself? Now i feel terrible for putting her in this position. I don't want to force her into this position. Especially when she was pregnant! She shouldn't be going through anxiety and stress now, when she had a baby growing inside of her. 

"If you don't want to, that's fi-" I began to say.

"Are you crazy?!" She squeaked. "Of course i'll marry you!"

I stood, grabbing her hands. "R-really?"

"I thought you'd never ask!" She kissed me violently, as the crowd went wild. I put the ring on her finger. This was by far the best moment of my life.

After the kiss, Taylor and I just stood there holding hands, gazing into each others' eyes. Behind Taylor, Paul was whispering to the rest of the band and the dancers, plotting something excitedly. Taylor noticed me looking, and turned around to look at them, too, saying "What are you whispering about?"

"Nothing." Paul said suspiciously. The crowd couldn't hear because he didn't have a mic. Then paul started playing something on guitar, as the band followed his lead.

"This is Love Story!" Taylor said in her mic, then she whispered to me "We'll just sing karaoke, yeah? No assigned parts."

I nodded, grabbing her hand and singing along. We were both singing our hearts out with each other, loving every moment of it. 

"Marry me Juliet, you'll never have to be alone!" I screaming into the mic, admiring the ring on Taylor's left hand. 

"I love you and that's all i really know!" Taylor responded.

"I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress!" It's true. I did get Scott's approval before the proposal. It was easier than i thought, honesty. He was very warm and loving about it.

As the Love Story ended, Taylor and I embraced each other timelessly. It was funny because the hidden liner message for the song was "someday i'll find this" and now she's found it, and so have I. We've both found our fairytale endings with each other.