forty eight

Harry's p.o.v:

Hearing Taylor's voice was both a blessing and a curse at the same time. I was grateful for it, because it was the only thing really 'confirming' that she - and everything we went through together - was real, rather than just old stories with nothing left of them. And that was why it was also a curse. Because it reminded me how much i missed her, and how much i needed her. What we had was unique and no matter how hard i searched the world for something else to make me feel like what we had, i couldn't find anything because we were like nothing else. And this... this was inescapable. 

I couldn't help but watch her every movement for the rest of the night. I was sitting up higher than her, and she was diagonally below me, so that made it easy for me to see everything. I noticed that she wasn't dancing around to the music like she usually does, she was just sitting there playing with her fingers and whispering to Selena every now and then. Niall was passionately discussing something to the person next to him (who i had never seen before) that involved emphasized hand motions. The hand motions only meant one thing - golf. Of course.

I tried to tell myself several times that i should've be only paying attention to Taylor - I should be concentrating on the awards and performances - but after a while i gave up with the whole self discipline thing. Overrated. 

The show finally ended after hours and hours. I got out of my seat, and tried to follow Taylor in the hopes that we would bump into each other. I knew i was confusing her, though. I was confusing myself. 

I walked as fast as i could possibly walk without sparking headlines, following the only colourful outfit among all the blacks and whites. I was relieved but also scared when she turned the corner. Relieved because there weren't as many people, but scared for that same reason. Not as many people to hide me, and it might be obvious that I was following her. Shit. 

There was only a few metres between Taylor and I now. She was strolling along, unaware that the person she hated the most in the world was right behind her. But her publicist, Tree noticed.

"Taylor." I heard Tree whisper. "Turn around."

Taylor turned around slowly, and as she did i could see her smile turn into a frown, and then into an angry glare. 

a/n: y'all Lover (album) is out and it's amazing. My favourites are Daylight, Afterglow and The Man. Don't come at me for saying this but i think afterglow is about harry ok ok there are so many parallels but they could just be coincidence. But then again, coincidences do not exist in taylor swift land.