thirty five

a/n: y'all go to 1:34 of the video to bless your ears

Taylor's p.o.v:

After three weeks of being of being awake, i was good as new. My broken bones were healed, and my energy levels were high due to how long i'd been resting for. Selena and Gigi were being so sweet about all of it, and they had stayed with me the first week i was back home. Harry was a different story, though. We'd had little contact with each other since i'd woken up. Things were... awkward between us. I felt like every time i texted him he would take forever to respond, and when we talked he would be vague and look angry and sad. 

I couldn't help feeling like i'd done something wrong. Everything that happened made me think of his song he wrote about me from when we first dated, called Two Ghosts. We can do all the same things we used to, but they won't be the same. Something has clicked inside him that made him realise that maybe i'm not the one for him. That's what i was always afraid of when i dated - people leaving. Being rejected and unwanted was a massive fear of mine, and it was hard to deal with. I understood why they didn't want me though, and that's what made it worse. If I did everything right and someone didn't want me anymore, i would just be angry at them, but i wouldn't have any self-doubt. The depression and anxiety was dragging me down. A lot.

That was all just me overthinking, because Harry hadn't broken up with me yet. Maybe something was on his mind, or maybe he was just in shock of everything that had happened these last few months. No, he wasn't the one who was supposed to be in shock. That person should be me. He was supposed to be the one supporting me through all of this and helping me and making me feel good and strong. Instead he was doing the opposite; making me feel weak and vulnerable. 

I made a spur of the moment decision to go to Niall's house in LA, where Harry was staying. It was only an hour away, so not that far for me, really. Compared to all those long days and nights on the tour bus, and hour was nothing. 

I knocked the doorbell, and Niall let me in and led me to Harry's room.

"Hey, Taylor." Harry said, closing the door to his bedroom behind me.

"Harry." I tried to not cry, but i wasn't sure how that was going to work. "Can we talk?"

"Sure, sure." He shrugged. Ugh, why couldn't he just take it seriously?

"Okay." I sat down and sighed, not knowing where to start. "So every since i woke up - not this morning, but a few weeks ago, after the accident - i've felt like something's different between us. Perhaps neither of us did something wrong and it's a two ghosts situation. Or perhaps you've seen something in me you don't like, and have decided that i'm not the one for you after all. I understand all of that, but please give me an explanation."

a/n: writing this story makes me happy but emo at the same time because i know none of this will ever happen :(