thirty

Harry's p.o.v:

Being in Taylor's hospital room alone with her was always something i looked forward to. It was good to be able to have some privacy with her. To be able to talk to her without anyone eavesdropping. Well, there were cameras in the room, and it had occurred to me that a member of staff might try and sell it to a news station or something like that to get money. I wouldn't do that, no matter how broke i was. But i wouldn't put it past this one nurse in particular who seemed to be questioning me on all sorts of un-Taylor related things. One time he asked me if i had any pets, and other time he asked what my morning routine was. 

"Piss off." I muttered to him, already annoyed enough. It seemed to get the message through, as he hadn't bothered me since then.

As i sat there with Taylor, i felt the tears stream down my face silently. Her warm hand fit in mine perfectly, and i just sat there, holding her hand to my lips, kissing it and crying. Quite a vulnerable picture.

"Harry." The door opened slowly, as Selena came in. "Harry, you've been here for hours."

"I'm staying." I choked out through the heavy stream of tears.

"Okay, well i hope you don't mind if i keep you company." Selena pulled up a chair to the other side of the bed, and sat there holding Taylor's other hand.

"Of course not." Come to think of it, I was beginning to feel rather lonely. I hadn't imagined that Selena would be someone i would bond with, but she was someone who understood me. If it were anyone else, they would've kicked me out so they could spend time alone with Taylor.

"I've been meaning to ask you." Selena took a deep breath. "Your new album. It's getting released on Taylor's birthday, and there are thirteen tracks on it. What's up with that? It was announced before you guys dated."

"Good point." I nodded, still kissing Taylor's hand every now and then. "Well, i'd never really gotten over Taylor from when we first dated. I just found myself writing songs, constantly. Even when i was out, i would always get bored and write. It was beginning to become an issue...

"After i'd selected the best songs to but on the album, i'd realised that they were all about Taylor. All of them. I was about to scrap it all and start again, not wanting to be that pathetic dude who hadn't gotten over his ex from 7 years ago. But then i'd thought... These lyrics are part of who i am. Taylor is part of who I am. So i promised myself that i would do anything i could to get Taylor back. I wanted Taylor to know that I still loved her, even if it meant showing the world my weak side. The album's not even out yet and... it worked."

Selena was in tears when i'd finished telling her the process of my new album. I didn't realise what i'd said was so touching. It made me feel better that i wasn't the only one crying.

"Harry." Selena looked at me through her blurry, teary eyes. "Harry, that was beautiful."

a/n: Selena is so nice i love her