fifty four

Harry's p.o.v:

It worried me that Taylor felt so sick, and was still pushing herself to play that stupid show. She was hungry and dehydrated, but she was still insisting on singing. Why couldn't she just have a break?

"Why don't you just lip sync?" I suggested.

"Lip sync?!" Taylor looked offended. "I've never lip synced in my entire life, what makes you think I'll start now?"

"Well for one, you can't sing." I shrugged. "Your voice is all croaky and you won't have enough breath. Plus you need to dance."

"All good reasons." Tree said, walking in. "I'm up for it."

"A little experiment wouldn't go astray." I agreed.

"No!" She screamed. Like, literally screamed. "Never in a million years."

"Okay, um. Harry?" Tree whispered in my ear. "How about you get some air, I'll try to persuade her."

"Okay, thank you." I walked out, without Taylor even noticing. Wow.

I walked out into the stadium and sat down next to Andrea on one of the seats they'd just laid out. She smiled at me warmly, turning to face me.

"Hey Harry."

"Hello there." I nodded to her, smiling.

"I- I don't think I've ever thanked you." She said.

"Whatever for?" I creased my eyebrows. "You've got nothing to thank me for. If anything, I should be thanking you."

"For what?"

"For bringing such a wonderful human into this world and raising her to be who she is."

"Wow." Andrea smiled. "Well, I need to thank you for always looking after her and having her best interests. You're my favourite out of all her ex boyfriends."

"All of them?" My eyes bulged. "Wow."

Andrea laughed, then went serious again. "Calvin was always up himself, Connor didn't appreciate her, Jake... well, Jake broke her heart time and time again. Joe cheated on her. You know... stuff like that. But you're, you know. You're selfless, you're sweet. You think of her, you care about her, and you're loyal. Your relationship is based on trust, which i love. She's had trust issues in the past, but you've changed that. Thank you, Harry." 

"I-" I bliked rappidly, trying to not get emotional. "Thank you, Andrea. Wow."

"Don't go getting all emotional on me!" Andrea chuckled. 

"What you said really touched me." I dabbed my eyes. "Thank you."