III: Yellow Mouse: Massacre (II)

"The cat does not negotiate with the mouse."

-Robert K. Massie

+++++++++++++

East End, London

[Vanel's Secret Hideout]

It was already sunset and the clouds tinted with colors that reminded me of cotton candies from the Circus.

Pink, blue, orange and red.

I looked up at the sun.

As I partially shielded my vision with my right hand, I could see the sun's reddish-orange light.

I took a glance at Adrian's hair. So similar!

Everything seemed so peaceful. Nothing extraordinary.

In the same moment, I heard the birds flapping their wings and cawed as if singing, while the trees danced in the forest as the wind made swooshing sounds.

It is like a symphony to my ears.

"Are you capable of finishing this task within half-hour before seven? I missed Ariel already," I said and brushed the strands of hair from my forehead.

I put my gloved hands on my neck and began to untie the uncomfortable cravat from my neck.

In an instant, Adrian laid his hand over my neck, which hindered me from removing it any further.

"What's the matter?" I raised my left eyebrow in confusion.

"It appears that someone already finished the job for us," His voice hinted his anger. I knew that he was trying to maintain his composure.

"What?" I exclaimed but my curiosity grows stronger.

Without any hesitation, I ran towards the mansion and opened the double-doors that led to the hall. Then, I saw bloody corpses everywhere.

"Bloody Hell" I swore and the rusting smell of blood filled my nostrils.

I entered the grand hall. Corpses lay like rag dolls stained and everywhere looks like it had been splattered with red paint.

I saw that most of the victims had bullet wounds and stabbed wounds.

I used the mid-digit of my index finger to measure the stabbed wound.

The length is least than an inch and the penetration is somewhat consistent.

"Table knife? Aren't they blunt?" I pondered to myself and added, "How much forced was used to make a deep wound like this"

I cautiously took every step, making sure that I don't walk on any bodies or contaminate the evidence in this scene.

I decided to enter the dining hall and the same socket-less, almost dismembered bodies occupied the place.

Instinctively, I went to the second floor and opened the doors that caught my eyes.

I opened the door with a Boom!

My eyes promptly saw Vanel, who pathetically lay on the blood-soaked floor.

He looked more like Rest In Pieces rather than Rest In Peace.

He is almost unrecognizable, except for an intact head with a scar drawn across the face, which proved his identity.

I immediately turned around before I can embedded that image in my head forever.