XVI: Black Demon Hound: Land of Bad Dogs

"To be reminded that one is very much like other members of the animal kingdom is often funny...though...I do not too much mind being somewhat like a cat"

-Joseph Wood Krutch

+++++++++++++

December 15, 1888

London, England

[Phantomhive Manor]

Last night, I dreamt about big brother and how I used to braid his long silver locks.

He still looks like a fairy prince from one of Oma's books.

Then, I woke up to find myself in a different room with someone beside me on the bed.

The horror and my innocence!

I opened my eyes.

I realized that it is an illusion from my subconsciousness, a part of an old memory.

I can't be a six-year old forever.

I sat up.

I turned my head to look around the room, when I realized that it looks larger and more majestic like a Master's bedroom.

I don't remember that the bed was a canopy bed.

I saw that the door is on my right, instead of left where it's supposed to be.

Whose room is this? How did I get in here?

I looked down and saw a sleeping boy next to me, on my left side.

Dark long lashes that matched his dark black hair all of which adorned his porcelain skin.

Ciel? He looks so peaceful and beautiful.

Beautiful...

I touched his face, without knowing the consequences, when suddenly someone opened the door.

Reality entered my consciousness and I realized that I wasn't supposed to be here in the first place.

I'm not a lover and certainly not a wife.

When I heard the first footstep enter the bedroom floor, I instinctively pushed Ciel off the bed.

"Bloody Hell!" he yelled and looked up from the floor to see who caused his misery.

I can tell from his tone that he is mad.

Sebastian opened the window to let the sun's light brighten the dark room.

Suddenly, everyone is in Ciel's room and most of them are in their uniforms or proper attire for the day, while Ciel wore a bed robe over his nightclothes.

I immediately covered myself with the blankets to hide my current appearance and to avoid their gazes.

Also, I did not have an undergarment that covers my chest over this white nightgown.

What if Mey-rin, Baldroy, Finnian and Tanaka saw that I'm a girl and not a boy.

I mean my hair is short like that of a boy anyway.

"Your Grace you can't hide yourself under these covers forever," Sebastian said as if he can't read the situation I'm in.

I knew that you are laughing on the inside. Devil!

"Get off my bed" Ciel yelled with an annoyance in his voice.

Suddenly someone pulled the covers off me.