VI: White Robin: Season

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of a cat is definitely superior."

- Hippolyte Taine

+++++++++++++

August 1888:

London, England

Today is still summer.

It's really warm.

Where does the wind go when you need one? This is why I should have been in cool Scotland and not in this warm England.

Also, it is still the time for Season.

Many things did happen yesterday and especially last night. Just remembering them makes my blood boils with wrath.

I have to calm down.

The day begins after I woke up.

I sat on my bed waiting for Ariel to attend me, the memory of the Vanel Massacre occupied my head.

***

After I left the Massacre, I immediately went to the Windsor Castle.

As I arrived, the residential Butler guided Adrian and I to the sitting room.

I remembered passing the hall and I observed that there are many doors leading to different rooms.

When I entered the room where the queen occupied, I saw dark-red walls that matched the curtains that hung on the on the windows.

The walls are decorated with embroidery that was well-painted with gold and was the the frames of the doors, windows and the woods of the chairs too.

Pictures of the Queen and her families overpopulated the walls, as a chandelier decorated the center of the room.

She looked up from her desk and glanced at me.

She smiled. Just like an innocent child.

I handed my hat and sword-stick to Adrian as stood quietly in the corner of the room.

I walked toward her.

She wore her mourning gown and white-laced veil over her head.

She sat in her wheeled-chair and she faced her desk holding a pen. It looked like she was writing.

A diary perhaps? I thought.

"Good evening 'Your Majesty'," I bowed properly, while I chanted, 'Be a good boy' over and over again in my head.

We talked for a while about London.

Then, I reported the incident that had happen and It appeared that she knew about it.

I continued to described to her the imaged of the crime scene, she didn't look horrified or even flinched an inch.

Someone was here, probably that person who got there before me, I thought.

Before I departed, she told me not to worry about anything.

She even suggested that I should try salmon fishing. When she said that, I rid all the thought of the Massacre out of my head.

The next day, I went to Devonport for vacation.

***

I just got back from Devonport yesterday.

I didn't do any salmon fishing throughout my little vacation. All I did was business related and pay an homage to my caretakers from childhood.