XX: Black Cat: Her Fourteenth Birthday

"Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world--the clock and the cat"

-Emile-August Chartier

+++++++++++++
Birthday, 1888

London, England

[Headquaters]

Dear: Diary,

The Hell business in Scotland was over and new person is in the Blacklist. You don't need to know about that bastard, he is not worth mentioning. I hope that I am officially free from everything else and focus on the Queen's requests. I feel like I didn't accomplish a lot of things for her. Is she's toying with me? Why does she keep a tight leashed on me when she has the Dog? Aren't Cats supposed to be free? Why can't she kill me now when she is just miles away from me? What is her true purpose?

About that mystery drug in Edinburgh, Ariel told me that the scientists are still cryptic about its ingredients and effects. It is still confidential. What is this drug?

Yesterday, Oma arrived from Germany, while Baba and Grand-père will be here tomorrow. The journey from Japan is very long, but I hope that they will arrive here safely.

As you know today is my birthday, another year without Mama, Papa and Apollo. Apollo is out there and alive. I will find you even if I have to travel all around the globe.

"Kyrie, wake up!," I heard a woman shout from the outside of my bedroom door. Oma. I heard Ariel tried to calm Oma from outside my door. Then, I saw the door opened as the woman in her fifties entered the room.

"I'm up, Oma. Guten morgen," I said as I got off from the bed. I meet her blue-eyes as she tried to fix the bun on her gold and white hair.

"Your pronunciation is getting worse, Mädchen" she said as I went out of my room and followed Ariel to the bathroom.

***

"Artemis, Lady Christelle reminded me that you will be wearing a dress until the she leaves and you will be recognize as a young lady, not a boy," Ariel said as put on my bathrobe.

"I understand," I replied as Ariel led me to the dressing room. It was one of the bargain she asked from me if I want to take the title. Although, she was curious why I took Apollo's identity and prefer to be recognize as a Duke rather than a Duchess.

"Lady Christelle had brought the dresses and shoes that she requested from Papillon Noire this morning and she properly placed them here herself," Ariel said as she showed me the different type of dresses and gowns that occupied the room. I also saw corsets, hats, stockings and laces of gloves and other feminine things. Why does Oma always dress me like a doll? Corset? Go I have to wear that too? I didn't wear any corset while I was in Germany.

"Hopefully no one will notice me in public. Let's begin," I said as I took a deep breath. I put on the undergarments and a corset.

"Are you ready?" Ariel asked as she held the strings of the corset.

"Do it," I said as I held my breath and steadied myself in one of the cabinets. She pulled and a little pain. That's it. I thought that they are pulled harder and tighter. I looked at the mirror and saw that it just add a curve on my body, not the abnormal small waist. Thank goodness.

"Lady Christelle wants to see you wear a corset but she doesn't want to constrict your body," Ariel said as she helped me put on the layers of the dress.

I saw that it was a low collar purple dress with floral patterns and ruffles on the long sleeves. It was a little heavy because of all the layers. I looked at the mirror and I saw that the dress shows my clavicles an inches away from the decagram. She put a waist-length straight, black hair and put a purple hair band on top, with a small amethyst at the center of the flower, on my hair.