VIII: Black Cat: Kyrie Alice Schäfer

"I am the Cat who fought near the Persea Tree in Anu on the night when the foes of Neb-er-tcher were destroyed."

"Who is this male cat?"

This male is Ra (sun deity) himself, and he was called Mau because of the speech of the of the god Sa, who said concerning him: 'He is like (mau) unto that which he hath made'.

-Book of Ani

+++++++++++++

As I traveled with the wind, I saw myself in Aberdeen. Of all the places around the world, the wind sent me to my favorite girl.

She is back in Scotland for the Fall. She was in Germany a while ago, spending her spring and summer months with her beloved grandmother, Christelle.

Poor little girl, she had to give up her childhood just to fulfill her missions. Why can't she just ask her servants to do it for her. Oh! I forgot, she is so prideful and wanted to do things by herself, just like that certain 'Woman'.

Well I guess it's going to be the same routine this time. Anyway where shall I go now? Germany, perhaps. I might as well visit Dresden and maybe even Austria. I want to listen to some baroque-style music.

I was about to leave when I observed that my wind carried a pink rose. Perfect, just like her ancestors. I might as well just give it to her.

I left the rose outside her town-house door and let the wind blew me away.

+++++++++++++

September 1885:

Aberdeen, Scotland

[Secret Base]

We are back in Aberdeen. We spent half a year in Germany.

Can you believe that? It was very nice but Oma is getting clever. I think she was already clever to begin with. As far I know, she probably knew about everything.

When I arrived at the townhouse, I immediately went to my room.

"Finally, I'm back here," I exclaimed.

I laid myself on my bed as Adrian brought my luggage up in my room.

"What will happen if your grandmother ever finds out about this place? I mean she's getting a little suspicious," she said.

She arranged my clothes back inside the closet and added,"Your lies are becoming repetitive"

Was that an insult? I don't want both of you to do anything weird with Oma, so I will deal with it myself.

"Well dear Ariel I think you should instruct Kyrie about the proper ways of speaking and lying," I replied mimicking my Oma.

After I said, we all laughed. Germany was nice, being able to visit Dresden again. Every time I go there, I feel happy. Is it because I'm able to act as myself, Kyrie Alice Schäfer? Or...

***

As I eat my dinner, Ariel brought in a pink rose. She put in a small vase and poured some warm water in.

"Where did that come from?" I asked after I chewed my food properly.

"It was by the doorstep, from one of your admirers perhaps. Could it be from the girl across the street?" she said and showed me a smile. This must be one of her jokes.