XVII: Black Demon Hound: Land of Bad Dogs (II)

"No one can have experienced to the fullest the true sense of achievement and satisfaction who has never pursued and successfully caught his tail"

-Rosalind Welcher

+++++++++++++

December 16, 1888

Houndsworth, South of England

[Barrymore Castle]

We finally arrived.

I saw a housemaid who wore a deep-purple uniform with a white apron, waiting for us at the entrance of the castle.

She has short silver hair and purple eyes and some part of her just reminded me of Ariel and I can't put a finger on it.

Maybe because they have the same hair color and act somewhat the same, I mean Ariel is sometimes unpredictable. Although, it feels like i have met her before, but I don't remember seeing her.

"Welcome to the Barrymore Castle, Lord Phantomhive," she greeted us with her soothing voice and bowed at us and as she saw me she added, "You must be the Duke of Blackrose" and bowed again and introduced herself as Angela Blanc.

After she instructed us to our rooms and helped us with our luggage, she guided Ciel, Sebastian and I toward Barrymore's Study room.

As I entered I saw a lot of animal collection on the wall and mostly composed of bears or dogs.

Dogs. I might not like dogs but this is too cruel. They should have been buried. Not for decorations inside a house.

Suddenly, we heard a lash from a whip, Angela's cries, and Barrymore's complains.

A middle-aged man with a beard that sits perfectly on his face face. He was a bit plump and looked like he eats better than the villager.

"I told told you to bring the Earl and the Duke not a Chihuahua and a Kitten," Barrymore yelled at Angela as he continued to strike her.

Wu-push! He looks like the hound himself.

"What?" I asked but he is not wrong with that.

I'll take that as a compliment.

Although it's funny how he compared Ciel to a Chihuahua.

"A simple task and you can't even do it properly," Barrymore said as he continued to give Angela sharp blows.

"Sebastian," Ciel ordered and Sebastian held the whip to prevent Barrymore from doing any more damage to Angela.

***

I stood up.

I looked at the town from the window, while Ciel and Barrymore discussed about the Queen's plan on the table.

Such a desolate place.

While Angela stood silently next to the cart, I heard Sebastian poured tea for each cups as he served them.

She in pain from all this ridiculous mistake. I wish Ariel and Arian were here. They are probably in York by now, miles to go 'til Edinburgh.

"Your Grace, tea?" Sebastian asked and I took a seat next to Ciel and read the papers for myself.

So this was her plan all along to make a resort.

I smelled the tea and took a sip, "Thanks"

As they continued to talk, Barrymore began to mention about a curse on this land and that the land should remain unchanged or else something will befall to the person who changed that tradition.