XVIII: White Demon Hound: The Good Dog (III)

Alexander the Great, Napoleon and Hitler...were apparently terrified of small felines....If you want to conquer the world you had better not share even a moment with an animal that refuses to be conquered at any price, by anyone"

-Desmond Morris

++++++++++++

"How did this happen? I asked.

Who could have done this?

We are inside the castle and how come we didn't notice anything or even Sebastian. It has to be someone from the inside.

Angela?

"It was already like this," Mey-rin said as I saw her shivered in fear.

Speak of the devil, no offense intended Sebastian.

Then, I heard Angela footsteps from behind while Baldroy, Finnian and Mey-rin observed the cell. I looked at Ciel and I knew that we are not going home anytime soon until we figure out what happened to Barrymore.

"Where's Lord Barrymore?" Angela asked with a terrified look in her eyes.

Before we can answer her question, we heard someone banging on the front door upstairs and we immediately head up to see the person who caused the noise.

As Finnian opened the door, a man drenched with rain announced that the demon hound had punished Barrymore.

After we grabbed our raincoats, we speed to the place where Barrymore's body was placed.

Then, I heard the villagers sung that strange song or lullaby again.

A Bad dog is the black dog. A Good dog is the white dog.

Barrymore was in the same place where Ciel was chained, by the stone wall that was mostly used for dog baiting.

I saw all of them are kneeling in front of Barrymore's corpse as if they are worshipping a pagan.

Why do they worship the demon hound? Who started this legend? When is this rain going to stop.

A lightning stroked and we heard the rumblings of the thunders. Everyone screamed in fear, except the villagers. Wrath.

As I began to walk toward the corpse, Ciel instructed Sebastian to follow me. I approached the corpse.

This is not my first time seeing a dead body.

I squatted down and looked at the severed arm.

I know that he deserved this but why does he need to be out here in front of all these people. This type of thing must be very typical in this village.

I glanced at the villagers and wondered why all of them stayed in this remote land throughout the years, even if they have a chance to go somewhere for a better life.

Now that I think about it this is probably their home, where they will feel satisfied.

"A normal dog can't do this," I said as I observed the arm and continued, "To cut bones and layers of tissues and muscles, a sharp and strong instrument must be used. Although, this lacerations are inconsistent and are more jagged. Is as if something ravaged his arm from hunger"

"You're right, it's not from a dog," Sebastian replied as he peered at the arm beside me.

The demon hound is real?

Then I heard the villager's shouting for forgiveness from the 'great' demon hound.

I really want to slap all of their faces and tell them that it's not real, but it would be a lie if I did, because that thing truly exists.