XXIV: White Christmas: Her Family

"Since, each of us is blessed with only one life, why not live it with a cat?"

-Robert Stearns

+++++++++++++

Christmas Day, 1888

London, England

[Headquarter]

Dear: Diary,

I don't understand what happened last night. How long was I in slumber?

The last thing I remembered, I was on my bed sleeping, like I was supposed to do. Then, the next I know, I woke up to find myself in a different residence, different garments and in Ciel's arms!

Once, I arrived home, I took a long bathe and check my body for anything abnormal, like evidence of assault, bruises or pain. None.

Who did this to me? I am definitely going to strangle that person who took me out from my room without my permission. But for now, I must restrain myself from my wrath.

Today is Christmas Day and the snow began to fall, again, all over London. The white snow tried to shield the impurities of the city from the world and turned it into a winter wonderland. Although, the snow will melt soon and becomes a water, just transparent shield.

I didn't sleep last night. I couldn't after I remembered what Ciel told me. Since last night, my heart has been pumping harder, supplying too much blood throughout my body, as if it wanted to get out from my chest by punching my ribs constantly. I mean, who wouldn't feel like this after a boy made a confession. A love confession!

Did Lady Elizabeth hear or seen anything? She was across the room, on Sebastian's arms and Ciel did shout his confession and his words did reverberate across that dark room.

So, Ciel knew about me all along. Black Prince did tell him about me, about my desire to have my own prince. But that was then; I was an innocent child and only want the things that only exist in fairy tales. Now, I am a different person, that little girl was long dead.

Now that I think about it, the ring is not on my thumb anymore. It must have disappeared in that mansion or somewhere. However, that structure is probably in rubbles by now after Her Majesty, ordered it for destruction.

Goodbye ring and I'm sorry Ciel, I should have given you the ring earlier.

"Artemis, Lady Christelle is home," Ariel said after she knocked on my bedroom door.

"I will be out soon," I replied back as I looked at the door.

I guess that's for now.

***

Since Oma is back, I must wear a feminine outfit. Ariel helped me put on the gold-embroidered and decorated, red gown that has the same color as the decorations of the house for Christmas, though different fabric as mine is made of silk.

As the 'Lady' of the house and today's host, I must act and be prim as a young woman. Although, whenever Sasuke saw me stroll around the mansion, he always looks surprise as if he has seen a ghost or something. By the way, it's not his first time seeing me in this type of garb. Last night, I was in a gown that I don't remember putting on myself, and he was there too with everyone else. Do I look weird in this garment?

When they approached the front of the, chandelier-filled and gold decorated, foyer, I walked on the long red carpet, that was set up by Ariel this early morning. I saw Oma, dressed in emerald and red colored gown as she put her golden curly locks in a high bun; enter the foyer with her brown-leather satchel bag. Behind her, I saw a tall young man dressed in black tailcoats as he brush his golden-red hair with his white-gloved hand. Adrian, it's been awhile.