XXV: Golden Ghosts: Respect Your Elders

"What sort of philosophers are we, who know nothing of the origin and destiny of cats?"

-Henry David Thoreau

+++++++++++++

December 28, 1888

London, England

[Headquarter]

Dear: Diary,

Yesterday my grandparents decided to stay in Great Britain until Spring. Oma will settle at the Main Estate up north to finish her future novel, while Grand-pere and Baba will nestle at the countryhouse in Wales, to finish some of businesses and venture out the country while leaving Sasuke under my care.

Last night, I had the same dream again. The same boy somewhat about my age who kept mentioning that if I want the real answers I should go to the Tower of London, before I will regret everything later on. For certain, I don't even know if he had the same age as I am, and I don't even remember how he even looks like.

I know I must do this, there is only three days left until this year and two days, until I will confront Her.

***

[Tower of London]

It was afternoon. The snow ceased to fall, but the sky still remain gloomy, like this White Tower that stood in front of me. I placed myself on the castle's innermost ward's, snow-covered, yard and glance around. I saw other towers, residential houses, and other architectures surrounding the White Tower, which is the King's residential home.

"Artemis, are you sure you are going inside this castle?" Adrian asked as he looked down at me. I heard as he rustled his gloved hands inside the pockets of his coat as if searching for something, and continued, "This is an infamous place for ghost"

"I already knew that. I just want to clarify something," I said as I fixed my coat and I entered the entrance of the haunted White Tower.

Ariel stayed in the mansion to remove all the Christmas decorations and plans to redecorate the mansion for next year, while Sasuke will substitute Mr. Bisset as the shopkeeper in Papillon Noire, until he gets back from France after winter break. A rumour had been spreading and I heard that the shop is always filled with young women who want Sasuke's attention. Although, Sasuke is not the type of person who flirts freely, he is a very reserved person, or rather mysterious.

As I entered the tower, I saw that the first floor was a chapel that is covered with Byzantine paintings of the Madonna and Child and angels and saints surrounds them like heavenly guardians. Then, I saw chandeliers of unlit candles filled the area, and on each corners of the room are occupied with marble stairs that leads up to the upper floors and down the basement.

Suddenly, I realized that we are not alone. Is it the ghosts? I heard footsteps coming down from the stairs of the upper story and before I knew it, I was surprised to see a familiar face. Thump! A thump from my heart?

"What are you doing here?" I demanded as I crossed my arms over my chest. I thought the guards said that this place is closed for renovation.

"I would like to ask you the same question," Ciel said as he took a glance at me before he peered back at the papers in his hand, and added, "Aren't you tresspassing?"

"How about you, you're the one to talk," I replied and took a seat at one of the chairs of the silent chapel. Suddenly, I heard as the doors of the tower creaked open and I looked at the door. Adrian. As he saw Ciel he took a bow in respect, even though he heartedly disliked Sebastian.