Part 9 I'm Going - Zephyr POV

My eyes flutter open as the orange and pink sky peeks in my window. The birds chirp happily and I suddenly feel like singing with them. Now uninterrupted, a warm feeling rises in my chest and I am grinning from ear to ear. I sit up and stretch in bed breathing in the morning air.

Going to my window I look out. New Berk is beginning to wake up. Doors are opening around the village as people go about their morning duties. I see Grandpa Gobber out the window as he passes by. "Good morning Grandper!" I shout out the window.

"Good mornin' Zephyr!" He calls back. As he passes on towards the smithy I see another familiar person.

"Grandma! I cry and running from the window I rush down the stairs and burst out the door to meet her. Running up to her I give her a huge hug. "Guess what, Grandma, guess what!"

"Oh I don't know my darling, what?" She replies returning my hug.

"I'm going with Daddy on his trip!" I cry bursting with excitement as I voice what has been making me so happy.

"Oh that's wonderful darling!" She replies. "Does that make you excited?"

"Oh yes! Oh yes! I cry! I have never gone with him before. It will just be the two of us!"

"Oh, Zephyr that is great! I'm so glad you are excited!" She says giving me a big hug. "Now I think you had better get ready to go now. Your daddy should be leaving soon."

"Oh I will! I will."