Part 46 Failure - Nuffink POV

As we fly up in the sky over the waterfall I feel more amazed than I have ever felt in my whole life I am actually flying on my own dragon! I can hardly believe it! If only Daddy could see me now!

We soar over the ocean and zoom through the clouds, me and Dawn. The wind blows in my face. It tugs at my clothes and runs through my hair. I close my eyes and breathe it in. Up here I just feel... free... like nothing could hurt me and all the cares in the world are down there, but I'm up here.

My legs are wrapped around my dragon as I sit on her back. Her wings spread wide as they catch the wind and glide in it. She would never hurt me or let me be hurt. I feel safe with her just as I felt safe with Toothless. As we are in flight, I bend down and hug my girl. She gurgles in delight and puts a loop in her flight pattern.

"I love you Dawn!" I whisper. She gurgles back and I hear her begin to purr. I guess that means she loves me too.

Soon we begin to fly over islands. Their luscious green is breathtaking. Everything I have ever known to be huge is tiny up here. This just feels so amazing! This must have been what Daddy felt like. Soaring in the sky like eagles we go where no one goes. You just feel like youre on top of the world and nothing can stop you.

We fly on for a long time over ocean and islands, and I begin to get in kind of a happy

daze but not for long.

Nuff! My sister shouts calling me back into reality. Follow me! and her dragon dives swiftly from the very high altitude which we had gained. I struggle a little. How does she have such great control of her dragon? I certainly don't. Its like she was born on the back of a dragon or something, somehow it just comes natural to her. I cant say so much for myself. I mean what am I even doing here? Maybe I shoud just go home cause I cant really be much more of a disgrace to my family and my tribe than I already am.

I cant do it sis. I cry.

What?! she cries.

Im going home!

Nuff, wait!

Her voice fades as I get further and further away. A tear slips from my eye as I fly in the other direction like a coward. Im sorry Daddy.