Part 26 The Falls - Zephyr POV

I keep looking in amazement at that face I have only ever seen once in my life; but it was a face I could never forget. But the more I looked, the more I began to realize that it had disappeared. Now all I could see was the foggy mist coming up from the sea where it plunged into the unknown. We had to go there

Night was falling and I was beginning to realize I had been numb for quite some time. We have to get out of the water soon. But the only way to get out of the water is to enter the hidden world. I have never been in there before. I don't know what I'll find. But that's our only chance. Just the question is HOW do we get in there?

"Nuffink are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah." He moans.

"The hidden world is just ahead. If we really try I think we can make it."

"Okay." he says and he starts paddling harder. He may not know it but he is a trooper.

With all my might I put one hundred percent power in every stroke I make with my tired frozen limbs. A heavy wind stings my face as we come closer to the falls. We begin to not have to make much effort as the current begins to carry us. We are now smothered in the fog. I can see nothing, not even my brother right next to me. The sound of the falls roars in my ears. I can feel the turbulence. I feel for my brother's hand. I gulp as my clammy skin senses his touch and I grip his hand in mine.

I can hear him scream just as I do as we plunge over the falls. Who knows what is down there... or will we ever know?