Part 57 The Sacrifice - Hiccup POV

"You still there hun?" I call back to my bride.

"Yes, Hiccup, I'm here." she calls back.

"Do you see Nuffink anywhere?"

"Not yet. Wait! There!" she cries. I look to where she points and there, I see my son hovering on one of the nightlights, confronting our chief adversary. I can hear him shout over the roar of the battle from a distance.

"You shall not threaten New Berk! You shall not threaten my home! You shall not threaten my family! I, Nuffink Horrific Haddock, command you and your army to stand down, or my dragon will blast you into nothing!" His forceful words attest to his bravery and it makes my father's heart proud.

His enemy laughs. "Nice try little one, but do you think, you, a small boy can stop me?"

"Maybe he can't alone," I shout flying in toward my son, "But his dragon will, and my dragon and I will stop at nothing to protect our children."

Our enemy just chuckles and raising his weapon he shoots at Toothless. Before I have a chance to dodge his shot, he shoots down my dragon. "Toothless!" I cry as we both fall. But I feel myself stop mid-air. I look up and my son's dragon has caught me. "I got you Dad!" he shouts.

Toothless is now on the ground with an arrow in his leg.

"The night fury I've heard sod much about." says Raiko. "Prepare to die, beast!"

"NO!" I hear a cry and to my horror, I see Zephyr run in and step between Toothless and the arrow and it pierces her chest. My poor daughter falls to the ground.