chapter 26🥀

Listen to the music, for a better reading experience.

[Flashback]

I was sitting in the living room with Hwayoung, we were watching cartoons while eating the food our mother made.

It was 8pm and my mother was still cooking for my father because he was still at "work". He always came home drunk, and the older i got, the more i realized that he wasn't working at all.

I heard the door opening up and immediately knew that he was drunk. He was struggling to take his shoes off. My mother went to the hall to help him, but he pushed her away.

"Good Evening Darling, i made you dinner." she said in a shaken voice while quickly wiping her tears away. He ignored her and went straight to the kitchen.

We had to stand up and bow in front of him, or he would "punish" us. "Good Evening Appa!" we said and he ignored us too. Hwayoung and I sat down again.

As soon as they both sat at the table, my mother served the food to my father. Father took the food and threw it against the wall. My mother was scared, and so were we.

"How many times do i have to tell you that i don't wanna eat this shitty soup?" he said in a drunk but also angry voice.

My sister was so scared that was about to cry, but i hugged her tight.

"I-i didn't mean to- I- i'll just-" he pushed her away. My mother fell to the ground and i screamed.

"EOMMA!"

I woke up, sweating more than ever and my heart racing. It was one of those nightmares again. After ten years i still can't forget what my father did to my family.

"I cannot turn into my father, i just can't." i said to myself and i stood up to get ready for uni. I told my mother goodbye and left the house.

We lived near a flower store, so i stopped there and bought fifteen roses.

"Which lucky person is getting those roses?" the older man asked and i smiled at him. "A girl i truly love." i waved at him and left the store.

As soon as i arrived, i still had all the attention on me. People glared at me, whispered and talked about the roses in my hand.

I already knew that Jinae was at school, and there she stood with Hwayoung and Hyo.

"Okay Yoongi, you can do this. Just...breathe."

[Jinae's P.O.V.]

We stood at the lockers and i was locking for something in my locker. Hwayoung & Hyo stood there too and talked to me. "I can't believe he did that to you. How are you feeling Jinae?" Hyo asked me.

I faked a smile and nod.

"I'm fine." but i wasn't, my heart was still shattered into pieces.

Suddenly they both gasped."Oh" Hwayoung said and Hyo ended the sentence. "My God."

I closed the locker. "What is going o-" i saw Yoongi standing there with beautiful red roses. His face was pall and he clearly didn't know what to say.

"Jinae...I messed up. I messed up everything and i'm fucking sorry for that. I wasn't under control and nearly killed us both. Jinae...I- I love you, more than anything. I never thought that i could love like that, but you showed me a new side of me that i've never seen before. I loved you from the first moment i've seen you and i want to be with you forever. If you want to slap me, just- just do it. I-" he takes a deep breath.

"I deserve it and would do anything to see you smile. Jinae, i love you."

I could feel tears rolling down my cheek. Everyone surrounded us, inclusive the boys.

I took to tree steps forwards.

I raised my hand and he closed his eyes, ready for getting slapped. But i put my hands on his cheek. I cried even more and hugged him. He opened his eyes and hugged me too.

"I love you too." I whispered and he hugged me even tighter.