Chapter 22- All Alone

Once we landed, I had to wait until everyone left the plane before I could get out.
When I finally was able to leave, I began running again.

  My arm and ankle were still injured, but I kept running, I didn't know where to run to. I had nowhere to go.

  I then tripped over a rock.

  I looked around. I was at some kind of park.

  I sat down, leaning my back against the poles of the swing set. I groaned as the knives were still there.

  I took a deep breath, and quickly pulled the knife out of my arm. A stream of blood began pouring out of the wound.
  I threw away the knife, and put my hand on my arm to slow the bleeding.

'Shit, I don't have anything on me that'll stop the bleeding.'

In the midst of pain, the hoodie I tied around my waist caught my eye again.

I forgot the about the pain in my arm at that moment.

Because it was then I realized,

She really is gone.

Silent tears fell down my cheek.

  I've never showed much emotion to anyone. I remember teachers in my preschool class would ask me if I'm ok. I'd always tell them I'm fine, and that was true.
  I wasn't sad or anything, I just had nothing really to smile about.

Because the only place I would ever smile is a place where she was, too.