Chapter 37- Testing

試練 (test) was written neatly in the sketchbook. After the past weeks, I had completely forgot about the spirit called Rush Hour.
I had run away from the fight due to not knowing how to use it..

'I won't make that mistake this time'

So, I decided to test it's capabilities.

The only information I had on it was that it can make me faster. So I applied this to the tests.

It wasn't the best idea, but it was all I had.

The test was if I could run as fast I could towards a tree, jump forward, and be able to dodge away from the tree last minute.
Like I said, not the best idea, but it was the best one I got.

I could run to see how fast I could go, but I have no way of measuring that as I don't have a stopwatch or anything.
Plus, this was the best way for me to train it in accordance to fighting as it can quicken the speed of my reaction.

So I headed to a wooded area near a trail people take walks on to conduct this 'experiment'.

-King Crimson no noriyoku-

結果(Results)
37/38 tries were failed attempts

It was a long day of running it to a tree.

I was all sweaty from running a lot, and was running low on hope.
I decided this might be the last few attempts, but I was sure to give it my all.

I sprinted forward, and jumped forward.
I shut my eyes.

Then surprisingly, I felt no collision.
All I felt was the soft ground beneath my feet.

I heard some kind of crack behind me, then

SLAM

Leaves flew everywhere. I turned around.

The tree was now on the ground. I noticed wear it was broken, the wood had died.
It looked like it had fallen over because it could no longer support the rest of itself.
I looked at Rush Hour.
"Did you?.."

He only nodded. I then noticed something on the fallen tree.
There was a blue and almost glowing,

"Some kind of card?"

At closer inspection, it had fast forward symbols on it, identical to Rush Hour's. I kicked the card out of the stump.
It fell near some flowers, still not in bloom.

The flowers suddenly grew almost like how they do in sped up videos.
It was surreal to witness.

Then after about a minute it looked like it reached it's peak, and began wilting at the same speed that it had grown.

I realized what this meant.

"You don't just make me faster... you can accelerate possibly... anything?"

I looked back at Rush Hour once more and he nodded.

That's how the tree broke. That specific part of the tree died like the flowers had, and snapped.

I'm gonna be running a lot more tests than I thought I would.