A Blessing

Dean

I look down at the dangerous fine piece of ass. She's a mass murderer. A cold blooded killer. No remorse. No mercy. And I thought she had no feelings. Yet she wanted to die. She tried to crawl back to the car. It confuses the hell out of me. I'm always confused, but this is messing me up.

We're all gathered in the interrogation room. She's tied to a chair with a blindfold over her eyes. When she wakes up, her ankles are going to give her hell.

"Should we read this?" Theo asked holding up the folder. It has the name 'Asma' written across the front. It gives me chills.

"Shoot," Dom says not taking his eyes off our prisoner. She's still asleep, occasionally mumbling incoherent words.

"Test Subject: Sienna Dewe," Theo starts to read.

"Operation Success: Excellent. Commandment Name: Asma. Comments: test subject fast and agile. Healing capabilities impeccable. Overall Worth: 50 millions dollars."

I have no idea what the hell any of that meant. Test subject? Who was a test subject? And who the hell was Sienna Dewe.

My phone dings in my pocket and I feel my face heat up. I hope it's not that Halley girl I fucked yesterday. I told her to never call me first.

"My bad," I give them a sheepish smile and pull out my phone. I look to see a text message from some private number.

"I just got a video," I murmur. I give it to Theo and he presses play. A man with brown, perfectly styled hair and piercing blue eyes starts to speak.

"Hello and congratulations on your new Soldier. If you are seeing this, then that means you have gotten Soldier Asma. It is superior to all other Soldiers and you should be grateful to have it. It's very high in demand and for you to get your hands on, it is a blessing."

This guy's words are making me angrier and angrier. How the hell is the bitch who killed Mia a blessing?

The video zooms out to show said bitch standing next to him. She looks...terrified. Her brown eyes are flitting everywhere and she's fidgeting.

"To get started on Commanding, look at your Soldier and say, 'It's time to serve, Soldier Asma.'" He turns to her and does just that.

I watch amazed as Asma's body straightens out, her hands go to her sides and her eyes turn gold.

Flashes off the night Mia died runs through my mind when I see her eyes. Eyes that now had no fear in them. They're emotionless and dead, just like that night.

"Now first you need to insert your place as a Commander. Commanders have control over your Soldier and your Soldier can never harm you. You can have as many Commanders as you want. Just look at your Soldier and say 'I am Commander' and then your first and last name. Continue this until you have all your Commanders.

Now, to test it. Ask it what your name is. If they say anything other than Commander first name and last name. Then the people who you bought it from screwed you over and she's probably about to kill you. If she answers correctly, then you're all in the clear.

Now, you can start Commanding your Soldier by telling it what to do. If you say something such as 'Pour me some milk' it will respond with 'Is that a Command?' You respond 'Yes,' it does it. You respond 'No,' it ignores. Go ahead and give a test run.

Also, there is a Protected list and also the part about what your Soldier can physically do, but your Soldier can tell you about it.

Let's say you need your Soldier to rob a bank, but for now, it needs to be normal. Then tell it, 'You've served well, Soldier' and it shall return back to it's human side. Then, when you get to the bank. Since you've already become a Commander, you can just say 'Soldier Asma' or 'It's time to serve' to bring the Soldier back. Give it a test run.

Now that you've gotten yourself a new Soldier, use it wisely. And remember, it is a thing. Even the human side. Don't get attached. These Soldiers are meant to be traded and bought. Have fun."

The video cuts off and we're all speechless. I'm speechless because I'm confused as hell. I don't know about them.

"What the-" I start but it's cut off by the sound of groaning.

"Please kill me."